Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The :censored: have gone and painted it the wrong colour
Redrob

RE: The :censored: have gone and painted it the wrong colour

(12-10-2014 07:53am)iwf Wrote:  When we orginally ordered we were undecided on colour so just selected Indus Silver, though in truth I didn't check the paperwork very carefully.

A month before build we added a couple of items and selected Corris Grey. I think what happened was because the extras were dealer fitted items they missed the change in colour.

Let's see what happens next, and just how quickly they can build a car if they really need to

When this happened to us we took the (in your case) Indus Silver, free as a loan car until the Corris Grey is built.
Good luck in getting it sorted.

MY13 Dynamic coupe Orkney Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc......soon to be
MY14 Dynamic 5 door Orkney Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc......soon to be
MY15 Dynamic Lux Fuji White Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc.
13-10-2014 07:44am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
iwf

Thanks all for the support

I'll see what the dealer has to say today, then report back. I must say taking the Indus Silver in the short term has some attraction Smile
13-10-2014 11:02am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

It would save a lot of hassle for both you and the dealership to take but do make sure that it is on the understanding that the car that is arriving is a loan car until your correct order arrives and that you will not be buying it only to trade it back in 3 months down the line. Also may sure that the dealer has not got a list of back orders to fullfil before they can order the replacement car - you need to be at the top of the list for the correct order.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
13-10-2014 11:55am
iwf

Well the :censored, censored: dealer isn't being helpful at all.

They'll order a new one, but not offer any loan car. They have also pointed out the supply problems with the 9 speed gear box means I won't see anything this side of Christmas.

They're wanting me to visit the showroom, no doubt with a view to persuading me to the silver one. There 'could' be a discussion about a discount. Time to ring LR me thinks, though is there are indeed supply problems with the gearbox there might be little they can do.
13-10-2014 02:01pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Evoque is still very popular, more so now with the 9 speed auto, so they will be able to shift on the car that was misordered very quickly (they may even have a customer lined up for it now!). If you are happy with the Indus car then whatever you do do not let them know, go into the showroom and lay your cards on the line - dealers have a quite large margin so start at 10% off and do not go down, list any dealer fit accessories you like and see what they will do on those and of course you absolutely need to have the Service pack for free ............... free paint protections and wheel and trye if they offer that as a paid option.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
13-10-2014 04:29pm
m_101

I agree with XFFT I would be asking for at least a 10% discount and some free dealer fit accessories (mud flaps for starters, plus a set of side steps). Then if you don't hate it take the Indus.

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
15-10-2014 03:09pm
iwf

thanks guys

'discussions are continuing' as they say and I wouldn't want to name names just yet. I really don't like the Indus Silver, yet don't want to wait 5 months for a car. So far the dealer seems to want to have me as a satisfied customer. Whether they recognise the reputation damage that a forum can deliver is another matter.

So either a deal gets done, or we walk away and maybe buy second hand from elsewhere. Should be sorted by tomorrow night one way or the other.

I certainly won't waste much time in posting the result !
(This post was last modified: 15-10-2014 08:37pm by iwf.)
15-10-2014 03:30pm
Doody

good luck!

2012 Prestige Premium
15-10-2014 07:56pm
iwf

I'm relieved to announce an mid December slot has been found for a replacement. In the end the dealer didn't need to find a swap, one of his customers cancelled their order and thus I get her slot.

In the end I need to wait another couple of months, but at least I get the car I really wanted. Now for all the extra extras I was thinking about !
18-10-2014 11:44am
Stadt Panzer

Go get them tiger!

Somewhere in the North Sea.
18-10-2014 11:48am