Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fuel strike back on??
Donny Dog

Fuel strike back on??

It's been announced that Unite are recommending fuel tanker drivers to vote against the latest deal, so it's not looking good vis a vis a possible strike.Sad
26-04-2012 08:39pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ED209

RE: Fuel strike back on??

I get angry about this, not because i am angry at the tanker drivers. But becuase I see what they can achieve by threatening to strike, when the police federation achieve nothing at all when its members are being absolutely shafted in relation to terms, conditions and pensions.

I know we cannot take industrial action, but theres lots of things they could do in relation to officers withdrawing from things they do on a voluntary basis etc etc yet they do nothing.

Tootal waste of a fiver a weeks subs for the last 15 years/

td4 Pure manual in orkney grey, auto wipers/lights, front fogs, spare wheel. carmats4u mats, travall dog guard. Collected 30/03/12.
26-04-2012 08:42pm
cutter7

More than 2,000 drivers working for seven distribution firms will now be balloted on the proposals next month. (May)

Which will be just before the Bank Holiday and the Queens Birthday Celebrations (4 day weekend- June) first trial..and i

bet Unite TU, are aiming to bring the country down 27th July.. Olympics..!!Shocked...which is also, the start of the school summer hol's etc..

(This post was last modified: 26-04-2012 10:52pm by cutter7.)
26-04-2012 10:29pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Maybe we, the consumers, should just stop buying. No sales requires no deliveries means oil majors reduce prices and tanker drivers loose their over paid jobs! It's all supply and demand.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 27-04-2012 09:48am by XFullFatTim.)
27-04-2012 09:47am
J77

I am a unite member and the reason they are looking at doing something during the Olympics is the bus drivers aren't getting the bonus that all other TfL workers are getting. If its good enough for one it's good enough for another.

I will be going down to the Olympics to drive buses but I will not cross a picket.

Just before Xmas the depot I am based at went out on an illegal strike ( not ideal) but we felt we had no other option, the company wouldn't listen to us or come and talk to us. We wanted our bully of a manager out and that was the only way.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
27-04-2012 10:09am
Straydox

I'm in the Jeremy Clarkson camp - Shoot them.

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
27-04-2012 10:23am
Donny Dog

It's amazing how little 'air time' this news is getting today - nothing on BBC News either on TV or on their website, for example. A cynic might think they'd been asked to give it a low profile to avoid panic!
(27-04-2012 10:23am)Straydox Wrote:  I'm in the Jeremy Clarkson camp - Shoot them.

But not while they're standing near a full tanker!
(This post was last modified: 27-04-2012 10:25am by Donny Dog.)
27-04-2012 10:25am
lesdon499

ED 209 Move to Scotland Smile SPF are working with SG to try and find a way through Windsor and Hutton. That said, there are still plenty of employees who have had their terms and conditions eroded under the basis of financial constraint. More focus on the bankers who have still got off pretty light!

cheers

Les

Dynamic SD4 unbadged
Fuji White
Style 6 wheels
Panoramic roof
MassiveVery Happy
27-04-2012 12:57pm