Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Long Wait Just got Longer
johnboy

The Long Wait Just got Longer

Just found out from LR customer relations, as I phoned to see if my build date of the 18th May had come forward at all, and low and behold they said no the build date is still the same of the 18th May and would be at the dealers by the middle of JUNE, I asked why so long to get to the dealers and they said the factory shuts for 2 weeks starting the 28th May until the 8th June.
Obviously feeling a bit peeved with this and phoned my dealers, and they were surprised at this, which begs the question is anyone talking to each other out there in the car production world.
The long and the short is that the dealer was going to get back to me to see if my car was going to be delivered mid June, but I can't see it being any different as LR Customer care get their info from Stock Control at the Factory.
Really cheesed off as this will take my wait time to 7 1/2 months. Plus my trade in is depreciating each month.
Just wonder if our German car makers have the same problem???.
Just thinking where are all these extra employees LR took on to increase production have gone, sometimes wish I lived in Europe would have had the RRE in 3 months?

On order, delivery May 2012 Fuji White SD4 Man, Tech Pack, Privacy Glass, Pano roof, Fogs, Lux Mats, power tailgate, puddle lamps, Auto dimming rear view mirror, 19" Style 4: Mud flaps: Xenons, rear camera: Dog Guard by Travall: Boot Liner. Delivered 29/05/12
24-04-2012 11:03pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BTS18

RE: The Long Wait Just got Longer

My build date was 21st April car will be delivered to the dealers on 27th April (6 days). They always say 3 weeks for delivery but it is usually 10 days or less in my case. Distance is not too much of a factor either as mine is in Dorset.

If your car does get built on it's due date I reckon you will have it before the May holiday IMO.

Hope this helps a bit.

5dr Prestige SD4 Auto, Style 5 Wheels, Orkney Grey, Element Interior, Cirrus Headliner, Lux pk, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Spare Wheel.

Ordered: 07/02/12. Build Date: 21/04/12. Delivered: 27/04/12
24-04-2012 11:52pm
Straydox

There seems to be some 'slack' built into the build/leave the plant dates - i.e. mine (and a few others on here has a 4th May build and leave the plant date on the 15th). It seems that 11 day gap is built in to the process probably to cover eventualities like a QA rejection and the car having to go into rectification before being shipped to the dealer.

Quite a few people have seen their build date come up and seen the vehicle in the dealer a 7 to 10 days later - even my supplying dealer is saying 'a week from build date'.

It seems possible therefore that yours could turn up from the 25th onwards - there will be enormous pressure in the plant I expect to clear the track of vehicles in build because that two week shutdown is when all the kit on the assembly line is maintained/upgraded.

If it is any consolation the German car makers do the same thing and you have to wait whilst your car sits on the dockside awaiting loading onto a car carrier ship (3 weeks for my soon to depart Audi back in 2009).

Fingers crossed for you.

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
(This post was last modified: 25-04-2012 12:00am by Straydox.)
25-04-2012 12:00am
johnboy

Thanks guys that is a bit more reassuring, as especially as you hear of people getting their cars in a lot less than 6 months,but I suppose it will be worth it according to almost everyone who has got their carsSmile

On order, delivery May 2012 Fuji White SD4 Man, Tech Pack, Privacy Glass, Pano roof, Fogs, Lux Mats, power tailgate, puddle lamps, Auto dimming rear view mirror, 19" Style 4: Mud flaps: Xenons, rear camera: Dog Guard by Travall: Boot Liner. Delivered 29/05/12
25-04-2012 10:30am
flurberman

(25-04-2012 10:30am)johnboy Wrote:  Thanks guys that is a bit more reassuring, as especially as you hear of people getting their cars in a lot less than 6 months,but I suppose it will be worth it according to almost everyone who has got their carsSmile

Hi Johnboy,

My car is going into build on May 18th, the dealers say they expect to receive it May 25th ish...

Orkney Grey, Si4 Dynamic Coupe with LUX pack, privacy glass, 20" shadow chrome wheels, heated steering wheel, adaptive xenons, TPMS & contrast panoramic roof.
25-04-2012 11:50am
SINGHY

Johnboy
Mine was built on 1 march but I didn't want it until good Friday but the dealer got the car about 10 days after build and held it for me, when I collected it they advised that LR are keen that all built cars leave the factory as soon as possible after build to avoid excessive vehicles being kept I their compound. So your dealer should get it within a matter of days after its built.

Pure SD4 5 door in Orkney Grey with Tech Pack, Xenons, Pan Roof, Auto dim mirror, Gloss black Dynamic grill upgrade, Roof, sde vents and waist rail wrapped in gloss black, Front Fogs, Style 4 Alloys and Spare Wheel - Collected on 6 April.
26-04-2012 08:39am
J77

My car was delivered to the dealers on 29th december while the plant was shut, I would assume if it is built before shut down it should still be delivered.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
26-04-2012 02:10pm
Belvoirbloke

My dealer (Melton Mobray) gave me a fixed trade-in for my Freelander, although it wasn’t a huge figure I can see that they won’t make much profit when they sell mine. Offer came in Feb for June pickup. The worst part of long term wait is the decline in your trade-in value.

lover’s tiff over Razz
Prestige SD4 auto, 5DR, Orkney Grey, Ivory/Dark Cherry/Pano/Power Tailgate
27-04-2012 10:27am