Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
SupaGard
ojonesyo

RE: SupaGard

Well aware of previous discussions, I went for the Life shine, mainly because I have ivory interior panels on my 3 week old Havana/tan Evoque and simply took a punt, in the hope that it will offer some long term protection. My dealer did show me a three year old RRS which had been treated new with Lifeshine. I was very impressed by the condition inside and out. I know that this could be due to the previous owners carefulness, but thought it a small additional outlay of 1% total purchase price might be at least partially recouped when selling on?

SD4 Prestige Lux 5 door auto, Havana/Tan, Style 7 alloys, tow kit, spare wheel, high-beam assist, etc ..Arrived June 2012
21-07-2012 08:45pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
50dwill

sorryEmbarrassed
[quote='50dwill' pid='63018' dateline='1342900541']
sorryEmbarrassed
My time is easy to use up but i did it my self because i know what i did and i found out all about the car( new toy)Laughing and the money i saved i can put to some other toys for Evie as we call her Laughing
(This post was last modified: 21-07-2012 09:00pm by 50dwill.)
21-07-2012 08:55pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I have a dealer purchased, 3rd party applied Gardex system on mine and was very sceptical about the benefits. However the winter weather brought home the benefit of a quality system as the car looked fantastic after only a hosing off and was very easy to get shiny again. It is way better trhan the Autogleam coating that was applied to a car I owned years ago, however to keep the coating tiptop I do have a pack of detergent and finishers that should be applied every 6 months. I found out that the local car valeting company are the Gardex agents in Stirling and found that their going rate on a new car the size of an Evoque is £199 which is a lot less than some dealers are looking for for similar systems. I'm very pleased with the performance of the Gardex system so far, especially because my car sits outside in all weathers and is under the flypast of the local rookery who's occupants use the car for diving bombing and target practice at every oportunity and I yet to find hardened on bird poo on any of the horizonal panels. The Gardex Glass treatment has also been very successful on the side and rear glass of my car and water still, after a year since application, just beads and falls off.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
21-07-2012 09:24pm
The Valeter

The Autoglym Lifeshine is a good product I must say but to be honest that most of these type of products are much the same, it is generally the terms and conditions along with the length of warranty that differ. I valeted a customers car recently who had had the Gaurd X applied as he showed me a bottle which I then sniffed & it smelt the same as Diamondbrite to me.

All said and done, these products are only any good if they are applied properly in the first place & take around 2.5 Hours to do on a preppared standard sized car (fully cleaned) which is generally unlikely to be the case at most dealers & I know it is not the case at many dealers! regardless of brand.

An example being the dealer that supplied my Evoque. When I was there prepping my car their valeter drove a 60 plate Freelander into the wash bay, foamed & washed it with a yard brush - OK it was a soft special brush but they are meant for busses, wagons etc. It was then moved into he barn where I was & had the Lifeshine applied to the whole car (allegedly) in the time it took me to do 1/3rd of mine with the Hi-Definition Wax!

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
(This post was last modified: 21-07-2012 11:52pm by The Valeter.)
21-07-2012 11:44pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

Spent the morning in a Nissan garage helping a friend pickup a new car, she had chosen lifeshine haggled for 120 quid and got the full pack of autoglym products, for her it was ideal at that price, but looking round at the quality of thier stock and show cars I didnt rate thier car care skills much.

But her car looked great and at least its been done as not something she'd be doing.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
22-07-2012 12:14am
doug

For these strange people Very Happy who don't like washing & waxing there vehicles these dealer applied treatments are piece of mind. Who better to treat there new car, than the main dealer & costing £500 it must be better than anything else on the Market Mad is what Jo public thinks & for them any treatment good or bad is better than none.
But if any new members are reading this tread, the clear message is shop around. If your dealer is offering you paint treatment for under £200 that he should charge £500 for alarm bells should be ringing ! Ring around a few local detailing companies your get a better job cheaper. Your dealer may even let them in to there workshop to treat your car before hand over.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
(This post was last modified: 22-07-2012 09:08am by doug.)
22-07-2012 08:58am
Tulabb

(22-07-2012 08:58am)doug Wrote:  For these strange people Very Happy who don't like washing & waxing there vehicles these dealer applied treatments are piece of mind. Who better to treat there new car, than the main dealer & costing £500 it must be better than anything else on the Market Mad is what Jo public thinks & for them any treatment good or bad is better than none.
But if any new members are reading this tread, the clear message is shop around. If your dealer is offering you paint treatment for under £200 that he should charge £500 for alarm bells should be ringing ! Ring around a few local detailing companies your get a better job cheaper. Your dealer may even let them in to there workshop to treat your car before hand over.

I think if I was quoted around £200-250 I would have added it onto the purchase price. If I took up the offer he would have thrown in the mats for free....still not interested as the mats costs around £85 I think it still didn't seem like a great deal to me. I was also told If i changed my mind give him a call.
22-07-2012 09:46am
speary

An aquaintance of mine worked for various main dealers and told me that these "miracle treatments" cost the dealers about £40, are applied by the work experience kid and quite often they would manage to do 2 cars with one pack. To my mind to charge upwards of £300 for these treatments is bordering on criminal.
Also most of them need a top up during the year. A good wax or Gtechniq type product applied twice per year will give better results, plus you get the satisfaction of doing it yourself and not getting ripped off. Its amazing what you learn about a car whilst detailing it

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
23-07-2012 08:49am
Deaky

(23-07-2012 08:49am)speary Wrote:  An aquaintance of mine worked for various main dealers and told me that these "miracle treatments" cost the dealers about £40, are applied by the work experience kid and quite often they would manage to do 2 cars with one pack. To my mind to charge upwards of £300 for these treatments is bordering on criminal.
Also most of them need a top up during the year. A good wax or Gtechniq type product applied twice per year will give better results, plus you get the satisfaction of doing it yourself and not getting ripped off. Its amazing what you learn about a car whilst detailing it

Very true Speary. I found 3 bubbles in the paint on varous panels, doubt I would of ever noticed them in a general wash and dry.
23-07-2012 10:09am
WB
WB

(23-07-2012 08:49am)speary Wrote:  An aquaintance of mine worked for various main dealers and told me that these "miracle treatments" cost the dealers about £40, are applied by the work experience kid and quite often they would manage to do 2 cars with one pack. To my mind to charge upwards of £300 for these treatments is bordering on criminal.

That's exactly why its the one thing dealers will usually discount - many will charge £500!!

Funnily enough there was a Groupon a while ago offering one of these - I think it was supaguard or was it supergard or maybe superguard for £26!!!
23-07-2012 10:41am