Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Stratstone Land Rover, Edinburgh, Scotland
David-H.

Stratstone Land Rover, Edinburgh, Scotland

(23-09-2011 12:00am)PAT Wrote:  Can I ask if yon've had any experience with Pentland LR in Edinburgh and if so do they get a thumbs up or down?

Just asking as I've been impressed so far but would appreciate you thoughts.

We ordered our Evoque from Pentland on Sunday, having been in on the Saturday for a test drive, followed by another on the Sunday. We've been dealing with Paul Bonini, who seemed well clued up on the car and it's many varying specs.
We did have to wait a bit to place our order on the Sunday, but that was partly down to how busy the place was with prospective Evoque buyers. At the moment selling Evoques seems somewhat akin to selling ice cold beers in the desert.
In the end placing the actual order was all quick and painless (apart from coughing up the deposit).

Dynamic Coupe SD4 manual, Orkney Grey, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass & 20" Chrome Shadow Alloys.

Other drives - Suzuki Jimny - lifted 2 " (Offroad toy)
BMW Mini John Cooper Works.
(This post was last modified: 25-09-2011 04:45pm by XFullFatTim.)
23-09-2011 06:22am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
paul

[split] Stratstone Land Rover, Edinburgh, Scotland

Went into Stratstone Edinburgh today to have a look at the Evoques, as having a nightmare choosing options. Mentioned straightaway to saleman that I'd already been into Pentland Edinburgh. He then said "well, you should be over there and not wasting my time". I couldn't believe it! In my view, all the dealers are representing Land Rover. Customers from one dealer may well pop into another, in particular as they will have different specifications and colours on display. His own customers are no doubt popping into other dealers for a look. I wasn't wasting his time anyway, as I mentioned this straightaway when he approached me. I then told him I'd found his comment rude, and that I was glad I wouldn't be ordering from them. He then gave me a "good luck with Pentland then" and walked away. Just thought I'd mentioned this...has anyone else had experience with this dealer?
24-09-2011 10:06pm
Spiderman

RE: Stratstone Land Rover, Perth, Scotland

Paul, that's a shocking experience you received from Strats Edinburgh, if you have the name of the salesperson you spoke with I'd call the Dealer Principal & politely advise what happened as I'm certain he'd be very concerned by this scenario...

I visited Carlisle today and perhaps because I turned up in my new Evoque not one of their salespeople came over or greeted me, & there were plenty salesmen hanging about & chatting to each other, It amazed me as it would have been obvious to a blind man that I'm already a RR client so why they wouldn't engage & be delighted to welcome me beggars belief, so although they weren't rude in words, they were rude by ignorance & I will not be going back, so it's at times like these that I value my relationship with the staff at Stratstone Perth even more; as they have never been anything other than consummate professionals in their approach & dealings with me!

Good luck with Pentlands, if it doesn't work out pm me and I'll make intros at Perth if you want....

Quit work - Get some stuff - Go somewhere - Have some fun
(This post was last modified: 25-09-2011 01:17am by Spiderman.)
25-09-2011 12:33am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

IIRC Stratstone Edinburgh are loosing their franchise and Pentland are taking over as Land Rover Edinburgh and moving out to a new showroom on the Newbridge auto park, next to the big Mercedes dealership at the end of the airport runway.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
25-09-2011 11:52am
evoqueboy

Shocking behaviour! I take it that many of these so called salespeople have not heard of the 10 second rule where every customer needs to be acknowledged within 10 seconds. That's how it works in my designerwear business and I would expect something very similar here!
25-09-2011 03:41pm
paul

(25-09-2011 12:33am)Spiderman Wrote:  I visited Carlisle today and perhaps because I turned up in my new Evoque not one of their salespeople came over or greeted me...

All it takes is a wee "nice car" comment! It's almost like they lose interest if they 'know' there's a not a sale in the bag. Which is a wrong assumption anyway. Being at least courteous, and at best very helpful, they may secure a future sale from you or someone you know. A couple of years before I bought current car (Audi), we test drove an earlier version and the salesman was unbelievably helpful! So, a couple of years later, we went back to the same dealer and specifically got him to deal with us. By him being so helpful first time round secured him (his dealer, and Audi) a sale two years down the line.
25-09-2011 08:29pm
David-H.

RE: [split] Stratstone Land Rover, Edinburgh, Scotland

(24-09-2011 10:06pm)paul Wrote:  Went into Stratstone Edinburgh today to have a look at the Evoques, as having a nightmare choosing options. Mentioned straightaway to saleman that I'd already been into Pentland Edinburgh. He then said "well, you should be over there and not wasting my time". I couldn't believe it! In my view, all the dealers are representing Land Rover. Customers from one dealer may well pop into another, in particular as they will have different specifications and colours on display. His own customers are no doubt popping into other dealers for a look. I wasn't wasting his time anyway, as I mentioned this straightaway when he approached me. I then told him I'd found his comment rude, and that I was glad I wouldn't be ordering from them. He then gave me a "good luck with Pentland then" and walked away. Just thought I'd mentioned this...has anyone else had experience with this dealer?

Paul, I've got to say, I'm pretty surprised at this. I went into Stratstone Edinburgh a couple of days after the launch and the salesman (unfortunately I didn't get his name) couldn't have been more helpful, even though I made it clear I was just browsing. A second visit a few days later was just as good. Even though they were a bit short staffed in sales, one of the service guys took time out to show us round a couple of the cars.
I've used this dealer a few times since we got the D3 back in 2006, and I've never had a bad experience with them.
I know we have ordered our Evoque from Pentland, but this was because it looks like Pentland will be the only offical Land Rover dealership in Edinburgh.

David.

Dynamic Coupe SD4 manual, Orkney Grey, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass & 20" Chrome Shadow Alloys.

Other drives - Suzuki Jimny - lifted 2 " (Offroad toy)
BMW Mini John Cooper Works.
25-09-2011 10:59pm
petrolhead

RE: Stratstone Land Rover, Edinburgh, Scotland

My experience with Stratsone has been hit and miss. Bought BMWs from them and had poor service. The salesman at their Landrover dealership was very laid back which suited be as I was only browsing. The worst was when I bought a used Aston Martin Vantage from them
15-07-2016 04:39pm