Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Speccing-up a Pure Tech
JonnyA

Speccing-up a Pure Tech

Looking to get an Evoque ordered in the next few days in anticipation of our firstborn arriving in November. Difficulty is, I love the look of the Dynamic but can't really justify the significant difference in cost.

With that in mind, I'm looking to add a few bits and bobs to the Pure Tech to bring it more in line with what I want. Thinking of:
  • 20" sparkle v-spoke wheels
  • Privacy glass
  • Xenon headlights
  • Front fogs (I couldn't believe these weren't a part of the standard spec!)

Couple of questions. Firstly, are the Xenon's worth it? At >£800 they're not a cheap addition, it's just that I have them on my Audi TT at the moment and don't really want to 'downgrade' in that respect. Am I also right that only the Xenon's have the daytime running lights?

Are there any other must-have add-on's I should be thinking about it? I realise that it really boils down to personal preference, but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to miss something out that I might regret later.

Thanks!
07-07-2013 09:48am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mark_n

RE: Speccing-up a Pure Tech

With a new baby on the way, I would have thought the electric tailgate would be useful. I'd forget about fancy wheels - how much extra are they - they will add precisely nothing at resale time, especially if they have been scuffed. I don't get the privacy glass thing either. To my mind, it unbalances the look of the car.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
07-07-2013 09:54am
J77

All Evoques have DRLs, it's just that with xenons you get signature DRLs.

Standard headlights
[Image: b1e29dc8e298cfdf0cc9ce6cbf95c1f1.jpg]

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
07-07-2013 10:14am
JonnyA

(07-07-2013 09:54am)mark_n Wrote:  With a new baby on the way, I would have thought the electric tailgate would be useful. I'd forget about fancy wheels - how much extra are they - they will add precisely nothing at resale time, especially if they have been scuffed. I don't get the privacy glass thing either. To my mind, it unbalances the look of the car.

The privacy glass was more a practical thing; thinking about if we need to stop at the side of a road or in a car park for a feed, it's a bit more, well, private, for the wife.

The wheels are definitely a more cosmetic thing, and I take your point; it's just that to me they have quite a big bearing on the overall appearance of the car, making it look 'sharper' and more aggressive. Might have to give it some more thought though.

Thanks for the clarification J77 - presumably these are the signature DRL's?

[Image: P1012172a.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 07-07-2013 10:29am by JonnyA.)
07-07-2013 10:27am
J77

Yes those are signature lights.

Bring the car out with 18s on, you can pick up a good set of 20s on eBay and flog your 18s. The Evoques 18s are being snapped up over on freel2.com.

07-07-2013 11:21am
Crimdog

Spare tyre? Don't think that is standard in the uk is it? Do you get leather seats as standard? You will want leather for kids, so much easier to keep clean. Get the lights, better vision and make the car look heaps better with the signature LEDs. I could go on and on and on... Hahaha!
07-07-2013 11:36am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Agreed that the powered tailgate would be most useful. Agree that you shoud forgo the fancy wheels, the standard 18" wheels aren't bad and very much easier to clean! Style 6 are available for when you have scuffed the 18" once too often! If you really want Dynamic looks then buy a black front grille, an aeroflip spoiler and some bonnet vents, most of the rest noboby except us would know it wasn't a Dynamic! The grilles and aeroflip can be purchased through sponsor Duckworths or on that well known auction website. More important is the colour - on a Pure metallic paint s extra if I remember correctly and that can make a big difference to value come selling it on time. If you can afford to go for the adaptive xenon headlights they are well worth the extra

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
07-07-2013 11:58am
chapmac

Speccing-up a Pure Tech

Metallic is standard now on pure just extra for the premium colours.

Agree on the wheels too. My 18" -> 19" upgrade cost me all of £90 by the time I had sold my wheels. A 20" upgrade wont cost much more. The 18"s look really good on freelanders so there is a market for them. I sold mine within a week.

ED4 Pure Tech in Santorini Black with privacy glass, panoramic roof, front fogs and anthractite headlining. Added 19" Style 3 wheels and dynamic grille
07-07-2013 01:47pm
Daigriff

I'd have specced the powered tailgate, heated steering wheel and spare wheel if I was to buy again.

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
07-07-2013 03:24pm
J77

+1 for the heated steering wheel regretted not speccing it on the Evoque, so when ordering the Fl2 it was the first option ticked.

07-07-2013 03:26pm