Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Some Positivity
cobkelly

Some Positivity

Just wanted to share my very positive story on my Evoque ordering and delivery experience - a rarity it seems, which is why I think it may be good for some of you still waiting.

I ordered my Sumatra black, Pure SD4 5 door manual with xenons, adaptive headlights, fogs and pano roof back in June, and is a Lombard leased vehicle. I was initially given a delivery of near the launch date, but knew this wasn't realist so didn't pay much attention to it. I did however get the name of the dealership right away (Guy Salmon, Coventry) and spoke to their leasing guy who coordinates with Lombard and he was superb (thanks Colin). Very quickly my delivery date changed to 15th December which I was happy with, and despite all the delays with xenons etc my date actually moved forward to 1st December! Colin kept an eye on things and the Evoque went to build on the 17th Nov as promised, and was at the dealership by the Wednesday (23rd).

Colin called me and arranged delivery to Bournemouth for that Friday and the delivery driver actually swapped his day off to trailer it down to me because they knew I must be really excited about getting and they didn't want me waiting for another week.

The vehicle was with me on Friday afternoon and I have to say that I have nothing but praise for Colin and Guy Salmon in general.

I'll post pics over the next few days when I get a chance but suffice to say that I am loving the Evoque!
29-11-2011 01:13pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
EVO PUNDITT

RE: Some Positivity

congrats to you mate, I am happy to hear yours went very smoothly as Iam in the same boat as you and should be collecting mine this week, all the best enjoyVery Happy

Pure: SD4,Manual,pan roof,electric tail gate,reversing cam,tints,xenons (finally), 19" style 4 and in orkney grey 5 door,ebony headliner,f/s/mirrors,Nov build and Dec arrived
29-11-2011 01:21pm
RacingSnake

I think the 'non-owners' will soon be in the minority on this site!!!

Congrats Smile
29-11-2011 01:23pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
xxxx5

Racing Snake - I hope so. I desperate for the "telephone call" and to hear those magic words, your car is built and it is here!

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
29-11-2011 01:27pm
vinda

Ooh. I used guy salmon coventry. Wish I had Colin. My experience wasn't as good as yours. Wasn't bad as such. But not great. Enjoy the car. I am sure you will. Ours is fab
29-11-2011 01:28pm
mark_n

Does it have "Guy Salmon" stuck on the back in chrome letters?

A good experience which shows it can be done, what it takes is a conscientious dealer and open lines of communication.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
29-11-2011 01:33pm
cobkelly

Thanks for the comments. Mark, at the moment it still has the sticker...
29-11-2011 02:06pm