babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Some Positivity - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Some Positivity (/Thread-Some-Positivity)

Some Positivity - cobkelly - 29-11-2011 01:13pm

Just wanted to share my very positive story on my Evoque ordering and delivery experience - a rarity it seems, which is why I think it may be good for some of you still waiting.

I ordered my Sumatra black, Pure SD4 5 door manual with xenons, adaptive headlights, fogs and pano roof back in June, and is a Lombard leased vehicle. I was initially given a delivery of near the launch date, but knew this wasn't realist so didn't pay much attention to it. I did however get the name of the dealership right away (Guy Salmon, Coventry) and spoke to their leasing guy who coordinates with Lombard and he was superb (thanks Colin). Very quickly my delivery date changed to 15th December which I was happy with, and despite all the delays with xenons etc my date actually moved forward to 1st December! Colin kept an eye on things and the Evoque went to build on the 17th Nov as promised, and was at the dealership by the Wednesday (23rd).

Colin called me and arranged delivery to Bournemouth for that Friday and the delivery driver actually swapped his day off to trailer it down to me because they knew I must be really excited about getting and they didn't want me waiting for another week.

The vehicle was with me on Friday afternoon and I have to say that I have nothing but praise for Colin and Guy Salmon in general.

I'll post pics over the next few days when I get a chance but suffice to say that I am loving the Evoque!

RE: Some Positivity - EVO PUNDITT - 29-11-2011 01:21pm

congrats to you mate, I am happy to hear yours went very smoothly as Iam in the same boat as you and should be collecting mine this week, all the best enjoyVery Happy

RE: Some Positivity - RacingSnake - 29-11-2011 01:23pm

I think the 'non-owners' will soon be in the minority on this site!!!

Congrats Smile

RE: Some Positivity - xxxx5 - 29-11-2011 01:27pm

Racing Snake - I hope so. I desperate for the "telephone call" and to hear those magic words, your car is built and it is here!

RE: Some Positivity - vinda - 29-11-2011 01:28pm

Ooh. I used guy salmon coventry. Wish I had Colin. My experience wasn't as good as yours. Wasn't bad as such. But not great. Enjoy the car. I am sure you will. Ours is fab

RE: Some Positivity - mark_n - 29-11-2011 01:33pm

Does it have "Guy Salmon" stuck on the back in chrome letters?

A good experience which shows it can be done, what it takes is a conscientious dealer and open lines of communication.

RE: Some Positivity - cobkelly - 29-11-2011 02:06pm

Thanks for the comments. Mark, at the moment it still has the sticker...