Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Smart key not found
fam1x

Smart key not found

Something weird happened today. I have keyless entry so just pull door handle got in the car went to start the engine kept on staying smart key not found. Got me worrying did I drop it or something, check my pockets and it's still there. Then notice the tailgate is open to, thinking maybe knee hit the button and opened the tailgate. Got out and closed the tailgate got back in pressed the engine button and car started as normal. Wondering if it had a blonde moment or something anyone else experience smart key not found even when it's in your pocket?

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
06-02-2012 10:00pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Craig_d1

RE: Smart key not found

Happens occasionally with my D4. Generally wave my key around and try again and it starts....think it's the car having a blonde moment myself? Same as sometimes it refuses to pair with my phone till I turn the car off and back on again.
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2012 10:09pm by Craig_d1.)
06-02-2012 10:08pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

No blond moments, I have had this too and when it happens I take the key out of my pocket and put it on the cup holder for a few seconds, start the car all all is fine

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
06-02-2012 10:09pm
ED209

Mybe interference from some external device?
06-02-2012 10:13pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I find that if I have my house keys in the same pocket the key fob doesn't like it, it also doesn't like to be near a mobile phone in a pocket, but LR warns about these things in the owner's manual

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
06-02-2012 10:15pm
fam1x

Yea read that hence leave it completely separate from other keys or devices, phones in a different pocket, plus keys has been working all this time in the same pocket.

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
06-02-2012 10:33pm
Wired

Here I am thinking that I read in a brochure that LR is selling this to women so the key can stay in their bags. Well if you see my wife's bag its full of all the things that were just mentioned as a potential problem, keys, phones, etc

If this really is the case there will be a lot of disappointed buyers.

SD4 Automatic Prestige BALTIC BLUE - 5 DOOR - 19" wheels - Xeons - Tech pack - winter pack - Pano roof
07-02-2012 12:26am
lngrn36

I have my house and office keys on the loop with the key fob. I put my iPhone in my left back pocket. So far, since taking ownership in mid December and 1400 miles without a single problem!
Very Happy

Tim
Evoque Coupe Pure+
SI4 - Auto
Sumatra Black - Ebony/Ebony
Climate package
Satellite Radio
07-02-2012 12:56am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aussievoque

I've had this too. Take the keys out of my pocket and put them in the console and then all good!

2012 TD4 - Firenze - White leather - Style 6 - Panoramic roof - Keyless Entry - Bi-Xenons - Clearview - Navigation
07-02-2012 06:43am