Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Reset ECM
robc1738

RE: Reset ECM

(19-12-2011 11:39pm)slee18 Wrote:  probably a just a slight delay in throttle response. shouldnt be too bad.

So should i drive it fast from the beginning so that the vehicle is used to that? If so will it be a lot less economical? Im confused!!

Pure SD4 manual, Fugi, Ebony leather, black contrast pano roof, 20" black wheels, tinted windows, xenon lights, fogs, front parking sensors
22-12-2011 02:31pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
slee18

I would just drive it the way you normally drive. Driving fast in the beginning will only give you lag on low RPM. Just drive it and enjoy! Smile
22-12-2011 10:27pm
RoverMD

i definetly have a lag from stop between 1500-2000 rpm. would like to think this may make a difference. it seems like the turbo kicks in just after 2000 rpm.

'12 Dynamic - Buckingham Blue
23-12-2011 12:46am
mark_n

All turbocharged cars exhibit lag to some degree due to the rotational inertia of the compressor and turbine and the fact that even if the turbo does get up to speed, there's a finite delay before that translates to higher pressure in the inlet manifold and improved volumetric efficiency.

As for resetting the ECU, touching the battery leads together (with one of them disconnected from the battery of course) is not recommended as that then presents a short circuit across capacitors in various control units which can damage them. If you still think this is going to transform your life, do it through a 100 ohm resistor.

But then, when did technical ignorance ever stop someone posting drivel such as this on an Internet forum?

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
23-12-2011 09:00am