Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Second Service
Lone Rangerover

RE: Second Service

(14-04-2014 06:53pm)m_101 Wrote:  Well. I just rang around "local" dealers, and a couple further afield. Suffice to say that Pentland Edinburgh where I bought the car was the cheapest in Scotland at £367 including courtesy car, Taggarts Maryhill was £105 more expensive and that didn't include the courtesy car!
Might phone up and ask if I can supply my own oil as I want to go fully synthetic I think... Also going to say about not topping up with washer fluid and will say about switching the air filter for the same one as in a Prestige, and not washing the outside of the car (although a hoover would be very welcome!)

There' s a different air filter in the prestige than in the dynamic ? Is this on diesels or is it in the petrol ones also ?
14-04-2014 08:46pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RacingSnake

(14-04-2014 06:53pm)m_101 Wrote:  Well. I just rang around "local" dealers, and a couple further afield. Suffice to say that Pentland Edinburgh where I bought the car was the cheapest in Scotland at £367 including courtesy car, Taggarts Maryhill was £105 more expensive and that didn't include the courtesy car!
I'm doing my ring around now, and I'm amazed at how much the second service is... best quote so far is £400, worst is £500 - although the worst said they would 'price match' any other dealership Shocked

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
16-04-2014 05:24pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

(16-04-2014 05:24pm)RacingSnake Wrote:  I'm doing my ring around now, and I'm amazed at how much the second service is... best quote so far is £400, worst is £500 - although the worst said they would 'price match' any other dealership Shocked

Make sure you buy your own oil [will save you £40 - £50] and opt out of any of the 'extras' (like washer refill @ £5)

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
16-04-2014 06:01pm
ChuckieB

My advice. get a price breakdown for service, parts and ancillaries. Only then will you be able to do a fair comparison. My initial quote from the dealer had a load of silly extra which then didn't materialise in the final bill. Turned out to be £60 or so less than the quote, including some discount on parts including oil. This is why they have some wiggle room.

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
16-04-2014 10:20pm
m_101

When I called Pentland they quoted me basically 300 if I wanted to supply my own oil and 367 to get it done by them. buying my own oil would cost 45 quid for 5 litres and the car needs 5.9 so I wouldn't really end up saving much money.
Morrisons in Stirling were 400ish as well. Perhaps this is affected by my allegiance discount as they said the allegiance was through Pentland so they wouldn't give me the same amount off.
On the day I'm definitely going to say no need for any ancillaries / extras. Can do my own washer fluid, thanks!

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
17-04-2014 05:23pm
Vader

Glad I've bought the 5 year service pack reading this!!!

Evoque Pure with extras on order, delivery June 14th?
1976 Triumph Stag
1999 Triumph Daytona 955i
20-04-2014 06:28pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Unfortunately the 5 year Service pack isn't available to people who have had their cars more than 90 days. How LR can reconcile the price difference between the cost of a single service which is almost the price of the 5 years service pack I just don't know. Somebody somewhere along the line is either loosing a lot of money or we are being fleeced on servicing costs if you don't have the service pack. I would also love to know why, if a car has been serviced within the dealer network for 3-4 years, the service pack cannot be transferred to the next owner so the next owner can benefit if you sell the car on. Seems very shortsighted to me as if you buy a used Land Rover product surely if you have the service pack you are more likely to return to a dealers for servicing and are more likely then to see some accessories you want or even a newer car that you might buy? Maybe there should be an "allegiance" service pack option included in the approved used warranty that used car buyers after years 3,4 and 5 might like that offers a similar discount on servicing as the new car service pack?
Way back in 2003 Land Rover offered a very comprehensive service pack that covered all servicing, consumables and MOT's for (IIRC) 5 years, the only things not covered were tyres and insurance. It cost £1000 to purchase but even then was exceptional value for money over the life of the cover.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
21-04-2014 09:22am
Vader

(21-04-2014 09:22am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Unfortunately the 5 year Service pack isn't available to people who have had their cars more than 90 days. How LR can reconcile the price difference between the cost of a single service which is almost the price of the 5 years service pack I just don't know. Somebody somewhere along the line is either loosing a lot of money or we are being fleeced on servicing costs if you don't have the service pack. I would also love to know why, if a car has been serviced within the dealer network for 3-4 years, the service pack cannot be transferred to the next owner so the next owner can benefit if you sell the car on. Seems very shortsighted to me as if you buy a used Land Rover product surely if you have the service pack you are more likely to return to a dealers for servicing and are more likely then to see some accessories you want or even a newer car that you might buy? Maybe there should be an "allegiance" service pack option included in the approved used warranty that used car buyers after years 3,4 and 5 might like that offers a similar discount on servicing as the new car service pack?
Way back in 2003 Land Rover offered a very comprehensive service pack that covered all servicing, consumables and MOT's for (IIRC) 5 years, the only things not covered were tyres and insurance. It cost £1000 to purchase but even then was exceptional value for money over the life of the cover.

I thought the service pack is transferable, good selling point really.

Evoque Pure with extras on order, delivery June 14th?
1976 Triumph Stag
1999 Triumph Daytona 955i
21-04-2014 09:25am
Good shot

(21-04-2014 09:25am)Vader Wrote:  I thought the service pack is transferable, good selling point really.

That's what I was told when I got mine.

Last 2013 SD4 Auto, Prestige, Pano, Firenze Red. Loving the USB shuffle.
21-04-2014 09:35pm
RacingSnake

(16-04-2014 06:01pm)cjfp Wrote:  Make sure you buy your own oil [will save you £40 - £50] and opt out of any of the 'extras' (like washer refill @ £5)
Ok booked in, the washer fluid cost was only £3, and can save £20 on the 'top up oil' they supply - I've never used it anyway.
So brings the bill down to a still hefty £375ish. Shocked

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
22-04-2014 12:25pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply