Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
SD4 Engine flat spot
speary

RE: SD4 Engine flat spot

Skill and satisfaction. Especially a well executed down change with a blip of revs on the approach to a fast bendTongue Out

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
27-03-2014 02:47pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I get enough clutch exercise and stirring the gear box with my Defender that I don't mind cheating in the Evoque!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
27-03-2014 05:11pm
Redrob

Having come from a 2.7 V6 RRS the Evoque feels like a sports car.

MY13 Dynamic coupe Orkney Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc......soon to be
MY14 Dynamic 5 door Orkney Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc......soon to be
MY15 Dynamic Lux Fuji White Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc.
27-03-2014 11:33pm
XFullFatTim

Oh yes, I had one of those too and in 2007 went to a 3.6TDv8 and what a difference it made having 2 extra cylinders and almost a litre more capacity. Even from day 1 people were putting ECU remaps into the 2.7's

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 28-03-2014 09:25am by XFullFatTim.)
28-03-2014 09:24am
Redrob

Yes had a 3.6 TDV8 for a fortnight whilst ours had some bodywork repairs carried out............best 2 weeks of my life!

MY13 Dynamic coupe Orkney Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc......soon to be
MY14 Dynamic 5 door Orkney Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc......soon to be
MY15 Dynamic Lux Fuji White Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc.
29-03-2014 12:58am
XFullFatTim

It was the only diesel I have owned that sounded as good as a petrol V8 on the inside of the car when you wanted to play - certainly sounded like a diesel on the outside! I also drove a 4.4TDv8 and it was a lovely engine but the sounds were far too civilised - both engines though had fantastic torque - it was like riding a tidal wave! I'm off for a drive in a V8 Supercharged this morning................. Jag F Type Coupe

(This post was last modified: 29-03-2014 07:49am by XFullFatTim.)
29-03-2014 07:43am
carlos50

Hi there, new to the forum, just picked up a 63 plate Si4 Dynamic for my wife and it has a terrible flat spot, or more like a lack of power when accelerating. No error messages stored so thinking either a) its this software issue or b) its something starving fuel or air?

I just changed the air filter and put some fuel cleaner into the 99 ron fuel and its helped but still has a really obvious lack of power when pulling away. Car seems to have a dead throttle then will rev up and i need to come off to let it change up to actually pull away.

Car didnt have a fuel filler cap on when i got it bizarrely so fitted one as soon as I got home, thats also helped but nithing so far has put it right, unless Im expecting too much from her?

My own 65 late Supercharged Range Rover was strangled by the tune on both engine and gearbox and a remap has brought it to life, maybe the Si4 has the same to some degree, but really didnt think anything but light throttle use would cause such a dead spot on the car?

Tried the learn reset and again slight change but nothing to make me think it sorted it.

Any help most appreciated

Thanks

Carl
07-04-2019 10:46am
KaDargo

(07-04-2019 10:46am)carlos50 Wrote:  Hi there, new to the forum, just picked up a 63 plate Si4 Dynamic for my wife and it has a terrible flat spot, or more like a lack of power when accelerating. No error messages stored so thinking either a) its this software issue or b) its something starving fuel or air?

I just changed the air filter and put some fuel cleaner into the 99 ron fuel and its helped but still has a really obvious lack of power when pulling away. Car seems to have a dead throttle then will rev up and i need to come off to let it change up to actually pull away.

Car didnt have a fuel filler cap on when i got it bizarrely so fitted one as soon as I got home, thats also helped but nithing so far has put it right, unless Im expecting too much from her?

My own 65 late Supercharged Range Rover was strangled by the tune on both engine and gearbox and a remap has brought it to life, maybe the Si4 has the same to some degree, but really didnt think anything but light throttle use would cause such a dead spot on the car?

Tried the learn reset and again slight change but nothing to make me think it sorted it.

Any help most appreciated

Thanks

Carl

I've just had a remap done (admittedly SD4 - still got it from 2012, waiting for the 'leap' to electric, maybe 2-3 yrs when batteries and infrastructure better) - + 48bhp, +55nM, + 3-4 mpg !
Amazing - drives so differently - more tractible, no lag - wish I'd had it done ages ago.

SD4 Prestige, Mauritius, Element, Cirrus Headlining, Pana Roof, Park Assist, Heated Steering Wheel,Blind Spot monitor, 20" Alloys, Powered Tailgate
08-04-2019 12:46pm
Steve D

When mine starts getting a bit flat on pull away, I do the throttle reset. Switch ignition on but don’t start engine, hold accelerator flat to the floor for 15 seconds or so, switch ignition off, wait 2 minutes then start up and see the difference.

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
08-04-2019 04:17pm
carlos50

Tried the reset, it didnt cure the problem. I also changed the MAF sensor last week, its helped, as has the new air filter, 99 octane fuel, a bottle of Techron fuel treatment etc. but still have a definite problem with anything but the lightest throttle use.
15-04-2019 08:05am