Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 2 Average
Retrofitting Adaptive Cruise Control
JavierBayArea

Retrofitting Adaptive Cruise Control

Hi, new owner here. Just got my evoque this week.

After searching every dealership in California i could not find a vehicle with Adaptive Cruise Control, so i had to settle without it.

But i really want it!, i was hoping there's a way to retrofit this. Does anyone have information?, what would be involved?, would i need to have the car reprogrammed or just bolt things in?

Thanks in advance!
03-07-2014 04:16pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Retrofitting Adaptive Cruise Control

AFAIK It isn't available as an option until 2015MY is launched in the autumn so nobody here will have it fitted yet.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
03-07-2014 04:21pm
JavierBayArea

Really?. Perhaps that's why i couldn't find any vehicle with it.

The thing is that it is an option on the range rover website when you are building a 2014 vehicle.
03-07-2014 04:29pm
rchrdleigh

Correct it originally appeared as an option on the website but was subsequently withdrawn for 2014 MY as Tim says it will (should) be available for 2015 MY onwards.
03-07-2014 09:58pm
JavierBayArea

(03-07-2014 09:58pm)rchrdleigh Wrote:  Correct it originally appeared as an option on the website but was subsequently withdrawn for 2014 MY as Tim says it will (should) be available for 2015 MY onwards.

There was 1 vehicle in San diego that had this option. It was listed in the specs and i could see the controls in the pictures, so they must have already started to roll out.
03-07-2014 10:38pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

There are press cars out there that might have it and there were photos on the website this time last year showing it fitted to cars.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
04-07-2014 03:47am