Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Resonating speaker!
deadliner

Resonating speaker!

I discovered that middle freq speaker (the one with Meridian written on it) does sometimes resonate. It became obvious while listening to audiobook. So I installed frequency generator on my iPhone and did find out that it is apparent at 174 Hz.
Did anyone has similar problem?

Thanks for answers...

Dynamic TD4, Fuji White, Verve, automatic, privacy glass, style 4 19, rear cam, front-pdc, seat heating, adaptive xenons. (delivered 14.6.)
28-06-2012 10:21pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ultimabg

RE: Resonating speaker!

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem.
Do you know how to take off the middle speaker cover just to take a look ?

thanks
17-08-2012 11:19am
deadliner

Hi!
I was playing with tone generator and finally discovered it was not speaker which was resonating, but the black plastic which covers window open/close buttons. It is close to speaker and low frequencies are not very directional (therefore just one sub wafer), so it is hard to tell from where is the resonation going. Anyway, I took it to my dealer and they played with the plastic (I don't know what exactly they did) but it is not resonating anymore. Speakers were fine.
I hope this helps you too.

Dynamic TD4, Fuji White, Verve, automatic, privacy glass, style 4 19, rear cam, front-pdc, seat heating, adaptive xenons. (delivered 14.6.)
17-08-2012 11:25am
ultimabg

(17-08-2012 11:25am)deadliner Wrote:  Hi!
I was playing with tone generator and finally discovered it was not speaker which was resonating, but the black plastic which covers window open/close buttons. It is close to speaker and low frequencies are not very directional (therefore just one sub wafer), so it is hard to tell from where is the resonation going. Anyway, I took it to my dealer and they played with the plastic (I don't know what exactly they did) but it is not resonating anymore. Speakers were fine.
I hope this helps you too.

Many thanks for the quick response deadliner Wink
I'll take it to my dealer too.
17-08-2012 11:29am