Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Replacing wheelstuds
Rein

Replacing wheelstuds

Does anybody know if the wheelstuds can be replaced on an evoque? Usually it's possible bij taking the hub off, but sometimes they are an integral part of the hub (somebody told me)

Blacked-out Evoque Cool

Santorini black, 5dr, dynamic, SD4 auto
Mods: My Evoque Topic
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2013 06:28pm by Rein.)
02-10-2013 06:27pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BFGEvoqueMan

RE: Replacing wheelstuds

(02-10-2013 06:27pm)Rein Wrote:  Does anybody know if the wheelstuds can be replaced on an evoque? Usually it's possible bij taking the hub off, but sometimes they are an integral part of the hub (somebody told me)

Since the hub is based on a Ford part you may well be able to remove the studs without taking of the hub. I stripped a thread on my Focus a couple of years ago. Ford wanted a complete front hub (over £120) without fitting, new bearing etc. I looked on e-bay and bought a new stud for £1.10 inc postage. A couple of robust hits with a 5kg hammer and it came out the back of the hub flange (car was secured on a lift at the time and not on any jack).

Have a look at the back of the hub and you should see the flat head of the wheel stud. If you do then you can replace individually. Let us know how you get on.

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
12-10-2013 09:03pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply