Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Reliability issues
Stephens46

Reliability issues

I am looking to purchase a 2013 Evoque but am somewhat concerned with the overall reliability and service issues. Can anyone spread some light on this. The reviews I'm finding aren't all that good
Thanks
27-12-2015 08:31pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bee

RE: Reliability issues

(27-12-2015 08:31pm)Stephens46 Wrote:  I am looking to purchase a 2013 Evoque but am somewhat concerned with the overall reliability and service issues. Can anyone spread some light on this. The reviews I'm finding aren't all that good
Thanks

members on any car forums tend to post problems and faults with their cars, there isn't any forums for praising of cars or dealers.
I'm onto my second evo and personally wouldn't have any other car. present one is an auto dynamic plus.
I have used two different dealers but are the same company, and can only praise them. Smile

2013 auto sicillian yellow special edition. with all the goodies supplied with this model.
27-12-2015 10:13pm
benzina

Welcome Stephens46....Bee is right, it's really generally a very reliable car, and you can see the high results in this poll i set up some time ago to help reflect this. See this link here... http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Reliabili...Electrical
It is some build quality that is not quite up to German standards that has let the car down for some though.
Oh, and mines been GREAT for 4 years and counting.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 28-12-2015 10:22am by benzina.)
28-12-2015 01:25am
Stadt Panzer

Reliability issues

(27-12-2015 10:13pm)bee Wrote:  members on any car forums tend to post problems and faults with their cars, there isn't any forums for praising of cars or dealers.
I'm onto my second evo and personally wouldn't have any other car. present one is an auto dynamic plus.
I have used two different dealers but are the same company, and can only praise them. Smile

I agree with bee, on my third Evoque and have never had any service problems.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
28-12-2015 09:16am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Despite what you read in the various owners' forums when you consider just how successful Evoque has been in sales numbers for Land Rover, there are not that many with reliablity issues. There can be build quality issues but any caring owner should hold their dealer to task and get them fixed under warranty. Mechanically the 2.2lt engine is well proven in a lot of Jaguars, Fords and Freelanders and is generally reliable. The new Ingenium engines have had teething problems that led to orders not being delivered on time but that issue seems to be cured now and didn't effect reliablity. The new Ingenium 2.0ltr engines are also used in a lot of the new Jaguar XE's and XF's as well as Discovery Sport and Evoque and so far we haven't heard of any issues with it.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
28-12-2015 09:23am
jeffersj

I agree with all of the above. Moved from D4 and thought it would be missed but this Evo is so impressive.

If you read motoring mags and forums you can frighten yourself off buying any car. It all depends on how they are driven and how they are looked after.

Jeff

Member of Defender2 and Disco3/4 forums, currently driving a 90 300tdi and the Evoque Dynamic which is really my wife's car.
28-12-2015 02:09pm
scrannel

I have a 2013 I bought new that year and have had zero -- no -- issues. My dealer gave me a new battery first week of ownership and that's it.

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
03-01-2016 12:21am
IvorRedOne

(27-12-2015 08:31pm)Stephens46 Wrote:  I am looking to purchase a 2013 Evoque but am somewhat concerned with the overall reliability and service issues. Can anyone spread some light on this. The reviews I'm finding aren't all that good
Thanks

Just coming up to 4 years old and not a thing wrong with the car. Never been in for warranty work.
I cannot complain. Mine is 2012 model. Very Happy
12-01-2016 01:13am
morey000

my eyeglass holder is breaking for the 2nd time. Seems like it breaks on all of them. Other than that- perfect for the 1st year. 2015 model.
15-01-2016 04:16am
DVFlyer

(15-01-2016 04:16am)morey000 Wrote:  my eyeglass holder is breaking for the 2nd time. Seems like it breaks on all of them. Other than that- perfect for the 1st year. 2015 model.

Mine was "repaired" once and it failed shortly after. They replaced it and it's functioned perfectly since. Might be worth a call to see if they replaced it or repaired it.

2014 Zanzibar Pure Premium. Black roof, black wheels, black interior.
15-01-2016 03:25pm