Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Red Evoque, 4000miles, door rattle, so annoying.
IKM

RE: Red Evoque, 4000miles, door rattle, so annoying.

I tried it but to no avail unfortunately.

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
27-09-2013 03:51pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

The dealer took the rear door card off and replaced the fixing clips and this solved my rattle, well the one in the rear door anyway.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
27-09-2013 04:02pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I just hope and pray that my new Evoque has all these rattles eliminated when I get it, I have only had rattles from the offside rear 3/4 panel and from the passenger ddor, both of which I put down to weightsaving by removing padding inside the panels allowing the speaker cables to rattle.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
27-09-2013 04:08pm
Trapdoor

(27-09-2013 04:02pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  The dealer took the rear door card off and replaced the fixing clips and this solved my rattle, well the one in the rear door anyway.

I had a rattle that the tech traced (whilst I was driving) to the rear n/s door - same thing - loose clips/cables which were reattached and it has fixed one of my rattles.

I had hoped that a car of this cost wouldn't be liable to creaks, squeaks and rattles, but I fear after 4k miles, they are starting to creep in.

Had: 2013 Prestige Auto Lux
Have: MY17 Autobiography in Waitomo Grey with Ivory/Espresso interior, HUD, Adaptive Cruise, Adaptive Dynamics, Dynamic Driveline, Wading, Massage Seats. Delivered 17/09/16
27-09-2013 08:16pm
Tony

Identified three rattle points on the NS front door trim, two fixed with a little foam, the third is on the uppermost section of the leather trim, just apply light finger pressure and it stops. Will take a photo of of the area and post latter today. For this one I think the door card needs to come off so its yet another trip to the dealer.

So now we have the following rattles to be fixed:-

Hatch binding at two points on the top edge and catch at bottom, needs re aligning, dealer says it can't be done, reported to LRCS via this forum, awaiting (still) reply from LRCS technical.
Rattle in rear headilining.
Rattle in NS front door.
Unidentified rattle NS rear corner.

This is without doubt the worst car I have owned as soon as the above are fixed no doubt something else will start, best thing is too get rid and it won't be relaced with another JLR product.

Tony

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
28-09-2013 11:35am
Tony

OK as promissed, attached marked up photo of where I have found rattles in the NS door and I have also included the tail gate problem which LR CS tech are 'looking at'.

Hope this helps other trying to track down rattles.

Tony

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
(This post was last modified: 28-09-2013 05:47pm by Tony.)
28-09-2013 05:38pm
PhilSkill

The bit you point out as press here to stop the rattle in the first pic is exactly same as my rear door rattle that was fixed. I also have the rub marks on the tailgate catch even though mines been realigned but not seeing that as a problem.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
28-09-2013 11:08pm
Tony

(28-09-2013 11:08pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  The bit you point out as press here to stop the rattle in the first pic is exactly same as my rear door rattle that was fixed. I also have the rub marks on the tailgate catch even though mines been realigned but not seeing that as a problem.

Hi Phil, How was the door rattle resolved? Re: the tail gate, the real problem is at the top two points where there is groove worn each side (white marks). I also think something is loose in the head lining, probably wires loose as the position of the pano blind does not effect it.

Tony

29-09-2013 08:31am
Stevemac1

(29-09-2013 08:31am)Tony Wrote:  Hi Phil, How was the door rattle resolved? Re: the tail gate, the real problem is at the top two points where there is groove worn each side (white marks). I also think something is loose in the head lining, probably wires loose as the position of the pano blind does not effect it.

Tony

Do you have the power tailgate? I do and there has been a creaking at low speeds over uneven surfaces since day one. Dealer has treid to realign it three times but no joy. Going in Monday for a whole new tailgate....and a new headlining which they creased last time it was in Mad Also have the roof rattle but I think its connected to the work the dealer did last time and they left it loose knowing it was coming back. We'll see.....

Evoque SD4 Dynamic Coupe - Santorini black, 20" shadow cromes, privacy glass, pano roof. Cool complete with creaky tailgate and many rattles Mad
29-09-2013 10:18am
Stadt Panzer

Tony,

Had the same problem with the headlining, posted solution in another thread. I'll try and find it for you and post here.

Tony found it, below:

My rattle was coming from the roof (rear) and I thought it was a problem with the panoramic roof blind. Anyways told the dealer and he took it out and traced the rattle to a tray like thing which holds the antennae, gps etc which hangs between the roof and the headlining. Car was in for the day, headlining was removed and the tray rails padded. Rattle gone! Perfect, was so happy that the dealer found it first time around.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
(This post was last modified: 29-09-2013 03:55pm by Stadt Panzer.)
29-09-2013 03:54pm