Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rear view camera
Dag

Rear view camera

Hello Evoquers!

I ordered mine january 7th! Could not resist...
Since the rear view camera is only available in combination with the front park sensors, I did not order them...

However, does somebody knows if the original camera is available somewhere aftermarkt. Lots of cameras available for the Disco and Freelander. Is this the same camera?

Interface camera and display already seen on the internet.

Thank you! Regards

Dag
28-01-2012 09:36am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ytshome

RE: Rear view camera

Hi there and welcome to the club. I'm pretty sure someone on here recently ( last few days) has started a thread regarding one after market camera on eBay. Try the search facility above. Cheers

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
28-01-2012 10:04am
dandavis1

Rear visability is quite poor (the rear window is high and small) and the bonnet drops off quite quickly so it's difficult to judge where the nose is. I'm not sure how much the camera and front sensors are, but I'd really recommend adding them to your order.
28-01-2012 11:09am
caroline11000

I'm glad I added the rear camera to my car as it does make reversing much easier with the poor visability out the rear of the car!

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
28-01-2012 02:20pm
Dag

Thanks for replying!

Front sensors and rear view camera option is around 800€ in Belgium, you have to buy them together...
Lots of aftermarket cameras are available on ebay/internet, most of them from China.

My question, is it the same camera as installed on the Freelander and Discovery? In that case the camera cost around 145€ (Belgium) and 30$ (China). The interface costs 249€ (Belgium). This way I'm saving almost 400€.

Somebody has a closeup picture of the camera?
Would appreciate!

Maybe the camera is separate available with the dealer...

Regards!
Dag
28-01-2012 04:05pm
Cedric

Personally I don't think the 400 euro is worth spending that much time on it. If you take into account the shipping, time to fit it and the risk of getting the wrong stuff ... Where did you order it Dag and did you get a delivery date yet?
28-01-2012 04:36pm
Dag

(28-01-2012 04:36pm)Cedric Wrote:  Personally I don't think the 400 euro is worth spending that much time on it. If you take into account the shipping, time to fit it and the risk of getting the wrong stuff ... Where did you order it Dag and did you get a delivery date yet?

Hey Cedric,

You're probably right...
Ordered with LR Maasland, Maasmechelen... Ordered Jan 7th. Not yet a date, stil in the "pool" whatever that means.
Dealer told me the delivery will take place in april.

Ordered a White Pure TD4. Pano roof, tech pack, clear view pack. Cirrus/Lunar interior.

Got yours already? What did you order? How long have you been waiting? Experiencing any delays in Belgium?
28-01-2012 04:58pm
halney

hey,

I ordered mine in september, normally delivery will take place in april. I think that it is not possible that u receive yours in april

ordered 5d white dynamic, contrast pano roof, 20" shadow, automatic, park assist, rear view camera, privacy glass
(28-01-2012 04:58pm)Dag Wrote:  Hey Cedric,

You're probably right...
Ordered with LR Maasland, Maasmechelen... Ordered Jan 7th. Not yet a date, stil in the "pool" whatever that means.
Dealer told me the delivery will take place in april.

Ordered a White Pure TD4. Pano roof, tech pack, clear view pack. Cirrus/Lunar interior.

Got yours already? What did you order? How long have you been waiting? Experiencing any delays in Belgium?
28-01-2012 05:13pm
Cedric

I ordered mine on 30/12 last year. I haven't received a build date yet, so I guess I'm also in the 'pool'. Earliest possible build date would be April for a May delivery. He said at the moment it was about 6 months and a half wait time.
My order is firenze red automatic TD4 prestige with a contrasting white roof, cold climate pack, tech pack and surround cameras.
28-01-2012 05:25pm
Dag

Mmmh...

Weird thing: I also informed with LR Hasselt... They offered the same delivery period as Maasland. They told me however that, if I would buy the car with LR Leuven, Leuven would not be possible to deliver the car in april, adding at least two months extra... (I got a better deal with Leuven, however an hour driving time...)

Is there that much difference between dealers? Can't imagine, probably a trick to buy the car with them...
28-01-2012 05:51pm