Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rear bench seat
cjfp

RE: Rear bench seat

(10-09-2011 10:44am)paulus599 Wrote:  I'm beginning to wonder if the same thing is about to happen to me. I do actually prefer the two seat option and it's always been shown on my order.

I would like to think that an order update would not have removed the two seat option if your order was showing it (but hey, it's anyones guess!)

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
11-09-2011 08:50am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
paulus599

True, it's a worry though (but not a deal breaker), so I'll chase it up again tomorrow and hopefully get a definative answer.

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
11-09-2011 11:05am
Tekno
Banned

I was really annoyed my order had suddenly changed to the bench seat, but after sleeping on it for a couple of days I'm now actually very glad.
12-09-2011 09:42am
crown62

I take it that with the two seat option the leather bit in-between the two seats is just for show, and there is no 3rd seat belt there?
(This post was last modified: 13-09-2011 08:40pm by crown62.)
13-09-2011 08:39pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

the two seat option doesn't have any hidden 3rd set of belts, it's strictly 2 in the back.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
13-09-2011 09:31pm
bogstomper

I thought I'd selected a three seat rear (in a coupe) as a NCO but it looks as though I'll just be getting 2... Not sure whether it was an issue with the online configurator or due to the changes, but I rarely need to have 5 in the car anyway so it shouldn't be too big a deal. I think it would be a little cramped in the back with 3 anyway?
14-09-2011 07:59pm
Charlie
No Longer Registered

That is quite a big issue if you're expecting the bench and need it. If you don't mind me asking how did you find out?
14-09-2011 08:16pm
bogstomper

Errr - can't really remember! I think I saw something on here about the change so asked the dealer when I popped in to have a look at their launch cars at the weekend. He found the original printout they got from t'internet (I don't really remember but think I clicked a button which said something like email my spec to a dealer) and it says 2 rear seats. As I say I rarely need to carry more than 3 or 4 and most of the time it's just me in the car, so I could probably live with it, although I know I clicked the button for a rear bench seat! (my current car is a 4 seater so does occasionally limit me)
14-09-2011 08:24pm
Radeco

(10-09-2011 10:49am)Tekno Wrote:  If it wasn't for the fact I absolutely love the look of the Evoque, I would've cancelled my order quite a while ago. I'll probably never again buy a new Range Rover purely because of having to deal with Range Rover dealerships.

I seriously considered contacting Lookers Park Royal recently to see if they could 'adopt' my order from my current dealer here in Sheffield. But I suspect that woudn't have been allowed - at least without affecting my delivery date.

I also seem to have a lack of information from Guy Salmon in Sheffield when I asked about adding surround cameras - "not sure if that is possible - it will delay your delivery date"

G4 Freelander 2005 V6 HSE Stage 1 Thailand/Laos. HQ Support
Gone - Grey Freelander 2 2011 SD4 XS Works Van !
Still missing my Evo.
14-09-2011 08:33pm