babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Rear bench seat - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Orders (/Forum-Orders)
+--- Thread: Rear bench seat (/Thread-Rear-bench-seat)

Pages: 1 2

Rear bench seat - Tekno - 10-09-2011 09:35am

I found out a couple of days ago that my order had been changed to the rear bench seat rather than the two seats I had asked for. It's too late to change back.

What are people's thoughts about the difference between the two? Any photos?

I've ordered a coupe (but am close to telling Land Rover to shove it up their a**e).

RE: Rear bench seat - griff - 10-09-2011 10:12am

I think that the concensus is that bench seat is better and that is probably why LR changed the standard spec to bench from two a while back.
I personally was going for the two seat option but then changed my mind when I went to the Live event in London.
I was at the Unleashed event in Berks yesterday an the bench sest looks really good.

I think there are some photo here but I am sure Google would oblige.
Cheers

RE: Rear bench seat - Tekno - 10-09-2011 10:29am

I tried google but the only bench seat was the 5-door one. Is it the same?

I'm glad you say it looks better - I'm just annoyed my dealer isn't keeping me up-to-date with these changes. Maybe I should have gone down south to buy my Evoque, too...

Also wierd that all the photos in the configurator still show two rear seats even though they are no longer standard.

RE: Rear bench seat - vision*R - 10-09-2011 10:36am

The bench is the same whether 3d or 5d.

RE: Rear bench seat - griff - 10-09-2011 10:37am

The seat is the same as the 5 door. the only penalty is that the 60/40 split seat has to be foded 40 first. hardly a pain.
Don't worry about the dealers - ive had my own issues - now resolved, with my own.

I think they have been learning at the same time as us!

RE: Rear bench seat - Tekno - 10-09-2011 10:42am

I worry I'm spending £40k and I get better customer service in Sainsbury's (and I'm not exaggerating). I'm very worried the car I go and collect will be very different to the one I'm expecting. I added a contrast roof to my firenze red and am half expecting it to not be there.

RE: Rear bench seat - paulus599 - 10-09-2011 10:44am

I'm beginning to wonder if the same thing is about to happen to me. I do actually prefer the two seat option and it's always been shown on my order. I did however amend my order a few weeks ago (to remove the contrast roof) but I haven't received an updated order, so not sure if the car will be supplied with the two seats or the (now) standard bench.
I actually emailed the dealer yesterday about this, as yet though I haven't had a reply. Sad

RE: Rear bench seat - Tekno - 10-09-2011 10:49am

If it wasn't for the fact I absolutely love the look of the Evoque, I would've cancelled my order quite a while ago. I'll probably never again buy a new Range Rover purely because of having to deal with Range Rover dealerships.

I seriously considered contacting Lookers Park Royal recently to see if they could 'adopt' my order from my current dealer here in Sheffield. But I suspect that woudn't have been allowed - at least without affecting my delivery date.

RE: Rear bench seat - cjfp - 10-09-2011 11:13am

Not a 'I told u so', but I did post when the 'std' on the coupe changed from 2 seats to the bench warning people to check what was on there order. Mine says 2 seats but only because I got my dealer to check and the order got updated as it was not specified and without the spec it would have probably come with a bench. Having said that, u r right that the dealer should come to u to check and not the other way 'round!

RE: Rear bench seat - XFullFatTim - 11-09-2011 08:45am

I'm sorry to say this guys but Land Rover is like all car makers - they have great dealers and they have rubbish dealers. Even within the big multiple chains of dealers like Stratstones, Lookers etc there are good outlets and outlets to avoid at all costs. I'm sure that all the other marques have the same problem. What I'll say to you all is that a couple of weeks after you get your car you will receive a Quality Assessment form from Land Rover - these forms are incredibly important to Land Rover (and to the dealers as they also need your feed-back). Don't just screw it up and throw it in the bin, fill it in, there is plenty of space for your own comments good, bad or terrible. You can even opt that LR doesn't send a copy of the form back to the dealership - but that is really defeating the purpose of the form.

It takes only 10 minutes and if LR has your email address you may receive it by email.

Tekno - a belated welcome to the forum from me. One reason I use a dealer in London instead of one in Scotland is because, apart from one family owned outlet in my nearest town. I have not received decent customer service from any of the outlets owned by the big national chains in Scotland. Unfortunately with my local dealer (from whom I had purchased 5 previous Land Rovers), when it came to price and delivery time for a new car 5 years ago they would not match the deal I got in London. That is a problem for most people up here - there is not the competition between dealerships here as they are so thinly spread. The diffence in part exchange valuation or any discounts I have received using dealers in the south has far far out weighed the cost of the fuel to get the car to them (about £80 each way in fuel from here to London and I have recouped way more than that just on the difference in part ex value in London) My cars go back to the local guys for servicing (and they really are the very best in Central Scotland for that), unless I happen to be going to London with work related things. I know it is difficult if you have already ordered your car and feel that you have received less than perfect customer service, however go direct to the horse's arse and write a personal letter to the Dealer Principle or even the company directors with your grievance - some here have already when buying other land Rover products and have received a totally different level of service once the DP steps in.