Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Rear Camera - some advice
mark_n

RE: Rear Camera - some advice

Question for those with cameras. What, if anything do they see in the dark or is there some illumination down on to the ground?

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
10-11-2011 07:49pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Acwats

Mark,

The reversing lights do a reasonable job, the picture on the screen just looks like a bad B&W image.

MY16 HSE Dynamic Scotia Grey with Lunar/Ice Interior. 508's, Pano Roof, Privacy, Auto Tailgate, Heated s/wheel, spare
10-11-2011 08:31pm
MW73

Defo must have IMO luv it on mine and so does the wife!!
10-11-2011 10:47pm
abcya

As stated by others, the rear camera is a must have. The guidance lines make reverse parking in tight spots so easy ( especially useful if you're used to a narrower car.
At the unleashed event I had the front cameras demo'ed and (at the time) regretted not ticking that option. Anyone with front cameras using them (I think someone said they were buried in a menu) and any idea if the wiring loom is there for a retro fit?

Firenze red Dynamic 5-door with Verve interior and pano roof
11-11-2011 12:14am
stevehill

(09-11-2011 06:33pm)Big G Wrote:  I've been umming and ahhing about this for a while and still not sure. I've ordered a Prestige Coupe and asked for front/and rear parking sensors (for the Wife obviously!Laughing ). However I'm also now thinking of opting for the rear camera as another aid to parking given the visibility issues.

I haven't seen it in action and was wondering what the thoughts were on whether it was worth the extra.

Thanks.

weve got cameras back front side etc wouldn't be without them
11-11-2011 08:44pm
ajmooseman

Slightly different question but...as thread says rear camera advise pleaseVery Happy
Can you see your rear bumper? I can see mine and because the camera is at one side and angled across the rear of the car, it looks unlevel, not saying my bumper is unlevelLaughing but I get a black stripe across the bottom of my screen which is thicker at one side and the other, just bugs me a bit, but are they all the same, is ther some way of re directing the camera and recalibrating it?? I'll post photo later.
12-11-2011 01:07pm
Big G

(09-11-2011 07:00pm)BOBM4N Wrote:  thought it came as standard on Prestige....

May be in the UK but my dealer here in Dublin says its not standard here - typical.
12-11-2011 01:41pm
IKM

Just a thought. If the rear camera is not standard on the Prestige in Eire would it not be worthwhile considering the surround camera system. I've even gone for that in the UK. Ian

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
12-11-2011 10:05pm
Big G

(12-11-2011 10:05pm)IKM Wrote:  Just a thought. If the rear camera is not standard on the Prestige in Eire would it not be worthwhile considering the surround camera system. I've even gone for that in the UK. Ian

Thanks - I did some checking with my dealer, who had a Prestige in the Showroom - no rear camera. So here's my dilemma, I can order it no problem, but I'm at the top of the orders list apparently, in terms of their orders and adding this may put me to the back of the queue. Given all the delays anyway, it could get pushed way out, but then may I regret it !! Oh what to do??
(This post was last modified: 14-11-2011 12:28pm by Big G.)
14-11-2011 12:27pm
griff

(12-11-2011 01:07pm)ajmooseman Wrote:  Slightly different question but...as thread says rear camera advise pleaseVery Happy
Can you see your rear bumper? I can see mine and because the camera is at one side and angled across the rear of the car, it looks unlevel, not saying my bumper is unlevelLaughing but I get a black stripe across the bottom of my screen which is thicker at one side and the other, just bugs me a bit, but are they all the same, is ther some way of re directing the camera and recalibrating it?? I'll post photo later.
Are you sure that is not the shaded bit which shows the distance needed if you want to open the hatch? See manual

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
14-11-2011 12:30pm