Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Rear Camera - some advice
Blackseries

RE: Rear Camera - some advice

(14-11-2011 12:27pm)Big G Wrote:  So here's my dilemma, I can order it no problem, but I'm at the top of the orders list apparently, in terms of their orders and adding this may put me to the back of the queue. Given all the delays anyway, it could get pushed way out, but then may I regret it !! Oh what to do??

Having been to the factory last week I really think they are getting into their stride. Obviously if you need the car now then don't change your order but if you can wait a couple of weeks I would say add the camera. For 2 reasons..... 1) the back window is small (both 3 and 5 door) and .... 2) the Evoque is a luxury car and it needs luxury items in it.... every time you put your car into reverse you will think ..... I glad I ordered that......I'm sure you will use it everyday.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
14-11-2011 02:12pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ajmooseman

(14-11-2011 12:30pm)griff Wrote:  Are you sure that is not the shaded bit which shows the distance needed if you want to open the hatch? See manual
Nar Griff deffo bumper, had my Dad stand behind the car and he was touching the bumper ect. could clearly see his hand and all the detail, don;t think it's and error but I would personally like to see it set at a slightly different angle, I'll get used to it and probably won't notice it in months to come, my pal's GL has slap bang in the middle so every thing is setup up square.
14-11-2011 04:38pm
griff

Hmm - interesting. I'll have a look at mine later and see what it looks like. the camera is to the right of the latch if I remember, maybe its a bit loose or something?

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
14-11-2011 04:41pm
Acwats

I think it's something to do with the curvature of the camera lens and the offset position of the camera?

MY16 HSE Dynamic Scotia Grey with Lunar/Ice Interior. 508's, Pano Roof, Privacy, Auto Tailgate, Heated s/wheel, spare
14-11-2011 10:06pm
Big G

(14-11-2011 12:27pm)Big G Wrote:  Thanks - I did some checking with my dealer, who had a Prestige in the Showroom - no rear camera. So here's my dilemma, I can order it no problem, but I'm at the top of the orders list apparently, in terms of their orders and adding this may put me to the back of the queue. Given all the delays anyway, it could get pushed way out, but then may I regret it !! Oh what to do??

Ok - sold have made the decision - was in the car when the Mrs reversed - no need to do any more thinking !!Rolling Eyes
15-11-2011 03:09pm
griff

@ajmooseman - my camera show a bit of the bumper as well so i guess its a design thing. Does not bother me - helps with perspective.

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
(This post was last modified: 15-11-2011 03:14pm by griff.)
15-11-2011 03:13pm
ajmooseman

is it like this

[Image: IMG_0431.jpg]

Disclaimer: FAO of Mark_n and others it may concern
While all efforts will be made to delivery statements in English. I can only apologize for any spelling or grammar mistakes made while posting my thoughts and opinions. If any post featuring such mistakes should offend, then tough SH*T!
15-11-2011 05:36pm
stevehill

(15-11-2011 05:36pm)ajmooseman Wrote:  is it like this

love the tough s**t bit
Have to say my camera looks straight compared to your photo
bumper is even both sides
15-11-2011 06:15pm
EVO PUNDITT

Like the pictures,good example,where's the s___t ?

Pure: SD4,Manual,pan roof,electric tail gate,reversing cam,tints,xenons (finally), 19" style 4 and in orkney grey 5 door,ebony headliner,f/s/mirrors,Nov build and Dec arrived
15-11-2011 07:24pm
bogstomper

(15-11-2011 05:36pm)ajmooseman Wrote:  is it like this

That camera can't be on straight! The bottom edge of the image is parallel with the lip of the bumper on mine. This would have freaked me out...!
15-11-2011 07:31pm