Avg mileage 19.9mpg

Tim
Evoque Coupe Pure+
SI4 - Auto
Sumatra Black - Ebony/Ebony
Climate package
Satellite Radio
01-01-2012 02:06am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gthornton

RE: Real world mpg

Mine is averaging about 29MPG with 650 miles on the clock. - not good and really hacked off. The 4.4TDV8 will ave 25MPG.

It is really pathetic, all this talk about energy recuperation, light weight this and that, a small & engine lean engine, electric power steering etc etc and you get a measly figure like that. Any decent german metal is getting 35+ with well over 200bhp and we are stuck with a lacklustre unit that really needs a lot of work.

The Evoque needs a custom V6 diesel and a decent new generation 8 speed box.

The quoted figures are impossible to achieve frankly, Ive driven so carefully and still no joy with the bloody thing.

I don't know what LR were thinking but I am really disappointed with this, its the smallest engined car Ive had in 7 years and I moved to gain some economy. Should have kept the AMG, at least you get some fun for you 18MPG there.....

Having said that I do love the car, everything else rocks on it!

Rant over!!

Arrived: 4WD SD4 Auto, Prestige, LUX Buckingham Blue w/everything apart from rear screens.
Current/ For Sale: C63 AMG Estate.
Gone: RRS TDV8, F360, Boxster S x3, F328GTS, Caterham etc...
01-01-2012 01:12pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Straydox

(01-01-2012 01:12pm)Gthornton Wrote:  Mine is averaging about 29MPG with 650 miles on the clock. - not good and really hacked off. The 4.4TDV8 will ave 25MPG.

It is really pathetic, all this talk about energy recuperation, light weight this and that, a small & engine lean engine, electric power steering etc etc and you get a measly figure like that. Any decent german metal is getting 35+ with well over 200bhp and we are stuck with a lacklustre unit that really needs a lot of work.

The quoted figures are impossible to achieve frankly, Ive driven so carefully and still no joy with the bloody thing.

I don't know what LR were thinking but I am really disappointed with this, its the smallest engined car Ive had in 7 years and I moved to gain some economy. Should have kept the AMG, at least you get some fun for you 18MPG there.....

Rant over!!

Those of us here who are switching from the high mileage Audi/Vw diesel camp have experienced the need to cover 15-20,000 miles before reasonably consistent fuel economy is achieved. Diesel engine rev at lower speeds and run cooler than their petrol engined counterparts and thus they take a lot longer to fully bed-in.

You are right about the 6 speed auto, by 21st century automotive transmission standards it is somewhat behind the current technology curve - a case of what Ford & co had in the parts bin (is used in Volvos too too I believe).

You could try setting the tyre pressures to that intended for a fully laden car - it will reduce the rolling resistance a little and could give you another 3 or 4 mpg (does on my Audi).

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2012 01:46pm by Straydox.)
01-01-2012 01:46pm
lngrn36

Well, I for one, am not upset. I have AWD and can tread 20" of water! If I were looking for a high mileage car I would have bought a 2WD diesel or hybrid car. I bought a vehicle that can do a bit of everything and look good doing it! I live in America so I cannot say I understand all the commotion about fuel mileage where you live, however. I do know that many magazines that I read will point out many cars for different intended usages. I wouldn't have ever purchased an Evoque to hyper mile. I wouldn't buy a Toyota Prius to tread water or take off road. If you need a car that gets super mileage then buy that car. You can Google any car that interest you and find out all the good and visit a forum on that car to learn all the bad. I did my research, and I knew this was my choice for my first LR product and I am very pleased.

Tim
Evoque Coupe Pure+
SI4 - Auto
Climate package
Satellite Radio
01-01-2012 06:52pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gomark

Real world mpg

(01-01-2012 01:12pm)Gthornton Wrote:  Mine is averaging about 29MPG with 650 miles on the clock. - not good and really hacked off. The 4.4TDV8 will ave 25MPG.

Rant over!!

+1
(01-01-2012 06:52pm)lngrn36 Wrote:  Well, I for one, am not upset. I have AWD and can tread 20" of water! If I were looking for a high mileage car I would have bought a 2WD diesel or hybrid car. I bought a vehicle that can do a bit of everything and look good doing it! I live in America so I cannot say I understand all the commotion about fuel mileage where you live, however. I do know that many magazines that I read will point out many cars for different intended usages. I wouldn't have ever purchased an Evoque to hyper mile. I wouldn't buy a Toyota Prius to tread water or take off road. If you need a car that gets super mileage then buy that car. You can Google any car that interest you and find out all the good and visit a forum on that car to learn all the bad. I did my research, and I knew this was my choice for my first LR product and I am very pleased.

If we could pay what you guys do at the pump we wouldn't be grumbling. As I am currently enjoying a trip to Florida, I'd love to see what the drivers of cars an SUVs here would do If they had to pay our prices.

Fuel US

$2.95 (£1.8Cool = 1 gallon = 3.78 litres

So £1.88 \ 3.78 litres = £0.49 per 1 litre

So unleaded
USA £0.49
UK £1.32

WRT driving a 2 wheel drive. Im astounded how many drivers here in Florida have prepared for snow and floods far more in advance than we have in Northern Europe.

(This post was last modified: 01-01-2012 08:26pm by gomark.)
01-01-2012 08:11pm
lngrn36

(01-01-2012 08:11pm)gomark Wrote:  +1

If we could pay what you guys do at the pump we wouldn't be grumbling. As I am currently enjoying a trip to Florida, I'd love to see what the drivers of cars an SUVs here would do If they had to pay our prices.

Fuel US

$2.95 (£1.8Cool = 1 gallon = 3.78 litres

So £1.88 \ 3.78 litres = £0.49 per 1 litre

So unleaded
USA £0.49
UK £1.32

WRT driving a 2 wheel drive. Im astounded how many drivers here in Florida have prepared for snow and floods far more in advance than we have in Northern Europe.

All I'm saying. If you want a hyper mile car then buy one. Anyone who bought an Evoque can afford any fuel efficient car on the market.

Tim
Evoque Coupe Pure+
SI4 - Auto
Climate package
Satellite Radio
01-01-2012 08:36pm
LDT

@ gthornton & gomark a big +1. Although I do wonder if the American drivers are hit with tax in a different way.

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2012 09:49pm by LDT.)
01-01-2012 09:07pm
gomark

Real world mpg

(01-01-2012 08:36pm)lngrn36 Wrote:  All I'm saying. If you want a hyper mile car then buy one. Anyone who bought an Evoque can afford any fuel efficient car on the market.

That may be the case, but some doing 20k miles plus a year like myself may prefer to spend the £1000($1500) a year additional cost of fuel on holidays to Florida Wink

01-01-2012 09:11pm
LDT

@gomark - another big +1.

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
01-01-2012 09:12pm
gomark

Real world mpg

(01-01-2012 09:07pm)LDT Wrote:  @ gomark a big +1. Although I do wonder if the American drivers are hit with tax in a different way.

Hi LDT

This gives an idea on tax and fuel.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13338754

If you want to be really controversial try reading Dean Henderson's book 'Big Oil and their Bankers in the Persian Gulf'. Can download from iBooks or Kindle!

01-01-2012 09:18pm