Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rated People.com
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Rated People.com

Has anybody on here used this website to contact tradesmen in their area? What was your experience? I'm looking for a quality decorator and repair person to carry out artex repairs and to repair a cracked plasterboard ceiling panel

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
16-09-2013 05:17pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
David-H.

RE: Rated People.com

Hi Tim.

We've used ratedpeople.com three times since we moved house. Twice for gardening work and once to get new stairs and flooring fitted. It makes it easier to get a few quotes for the work, rather than phoning round a few yourself.

I also think ratedpeople offer a mediation service should you have any problems. Overall we've been happy with the tradesmen we've chosen through the site.

David.

Dynamic Coupe SD4 manual, Orkney Grey, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass & 20" Chrome Shadow Alloys.

Other drives - Suzuki Jimny - lifted 2 " (Offroad toy)
BMW Mini John Cooper Works.
16-09-2013 07:58pm
XFullFatTim

Cheers David, I'm out in the Trossachs area and some of the local tradespeople (I was at school with some of them!) need some competition............ some don't even come recommended, they are "avoid at all costs!"

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
16-09-2013 09:39pm
Donny Dog

(16-09-2013 09:39pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Cheers David, I'm out in the Trossachs area and some of the local tradespeople (I was at school with some of them!) need some competition............ some don't even come recommended, they are "avoid at all costs!"

I've used them twice. The first time I got an excellent plumber and was extremely satisfied (after a couple of dodgy ones and a 'no show') but the second time, despite follow-up postings, I didn't even get ONE response!
17-09-2013 03:28pm
XFullFatTim

Well I had an email from a local company this morning, followed about 2 minutes later by a phone call asking if they could come round to look over the job and work out a quote! They must be new tradesmen on Rated People as they so far have no ratings! They even brought along colour charts and wallpaper samples in case I wanted them

17-09-2013 06:53pm