Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Radio cutting out
cutter7

RE: Radio cutting out

(20-11-2013 01:23am)jitenc Wrote:  Cutter, let us know the outcome. Mine was a Nov 11 built as well, and no update available for the radio upon enquiring!

I contacted my service dealer the following morning after reading that 'Donny Dog's' car had been cured with this software update, and i was told yet again, that there is still no software update available for cars older than one year..but is very near to completion.. maybe available by the end of this month.

I then asked how come a car that was built in March 2012 (three months newer than mine) which has had the radio cut out software installed and has also had the battery charging software installed within the last two weeks is working all ok and that this car was built more than one year ago?

This afternoon i received a call from the service department who have informed me that the reason why there is no software update available for my car (or yours) is that our chassis numbers were to early to be included in this software update.. and that it will be available very soon..so maybe contact your dealer by the end of this month..

21-11-2013 10:48pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

The entertainment system software of Nov 11 cars are all from July 11, there was a Change in installed software around Jan 12 and more since, from what I've picked up so far, I expect the version of software on ours is not compatible with later models, so they probably have to put the fix into the older software build and re-test it, as they probably cant download the later builds into our cars due to some electrical compatibility differences.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
22-11-2013 12:51am
RacingSnake

My car is in right now... I am sat in the dealers having the upgrade now.... my car is March 12 build.

Ok done... an hour and a half... whilst doing this he said they also did a 'transfer box' update?!!! WTF Surprised

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
(This post was last modified: 25-11-2013 02:48pm by RacingSnake.)
25-11-2013 02:02pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Lol, the transfer box is the "low ratio" 'box on the bigger cars! Will be interesting next time you use the TR and see if you get an orange icon on the dash with a graphic of a mountain and LO on it or the icon of an elongated H showing the diff lock has engaged!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 25-11-2013 03:44pm by XFullFatTim.)
25-11-2013 03:43pm
RacingSnake

I did think it felt more agricultural on the way home? Shocked Laughing

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
25-11-2013 04:06pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim

I thought that they might have swapped you to a new RRS or FFRR rather than a Defender or a John Deere Tractor

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
25-11-2013 05:30pm
RacingSnake

I'm not that lucky Tim! Crying

(This post was last modified: 25-11-2013 07:44pm by RacingSnake.)
25-11-2013 07:43pm
jitenc

(21-11-2013 10:48pm)cutter7 Wrote:  I contacted my service dealer the following morning after reading that 'Donny Dog's' car had been cured with this software update, and i was told yet again, that there is still no software update available for cars older than one year..but is very near to completion.. maybe available by the end of this month.

I then asked how come a car that was built in March 2012 (three months newer than mine) which has had the radio cut out software installed and has also had the battery charging software installed within the last two weeks is working all ok and that this car was built more than one year ago?

This afternoon i received a call from the service department who have informed me that the reason why there is no software update available for my car (or yours) is that our chassis numbers were to early to be included in this software update.. and that it will be available very soon..so maybe contact your dealer by the end of this month..

My car should be in for the 1st week of December. I doubt they will have any updates for us. Fast thinking and acting is not in the blood of LR!

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
25-11-2013 09:09pm
cutter7

Radio cutting out

Mines in for the third service on the 3/12 and I don't expect the update to be included as well.

25-11-2013 10:18pm
XFullFatTim

Sorry to dig up an old thread again but as I was able to watch TV in the UK AND also listen to DAB without it breaking up in my new car yesterday, I wondered if the fix for earlier cars that suffered with the DAB breaking up unless the TV was set to USA system has now been satisfactorily fixed?

(This post was last modified: 29-04-2014 03:50pm by XFullFatTim.)
29-04-2014 03:49pm