Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Radio cutting out
Shenley

RE: Radio cutting out

Ours did it again today..... 3 times on the move, no radio switched on.
And even better, did it whilst the service technician at my local dealer was getting in- and the ignition was not even on!

Spill rail checked. No leak.

My dealer was aware of the radio issue.
05-09-2013 01:53pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Trapdoor

As I posted in the other place, there is now a TOPIx SSM relating to this issue.

Reference SSM68017
Models Range Rover Sport / L320
Range Rover Evoque / L538
Discovery 4 / L319
Range Rover / L322
Range Rover Classic
Title Audio Loss/Crackle
Category Electrical
Last modified 05-Sep-2013 00:00:00
Symptom 207000 Entertainment Systems
Content
Issue:
Customer failure mode is an intermittent 1-2s loss of audio in any source, which then recovers but can happen multiple times.
The occurrences may vary depending on location and proximity to transmitters in the UK.
Cause:
The issue first occurred on Wednesday 28th August and corresponds with a change in the UK Broadcast for TV Electronic Programme Guide (EPG) feature.
This issue appears only to affect vehicles fitted with the Lear Hybrid TV module.
The broadcast causes the TV module to carry out a reset which results in a temporary loss in audio, irrespective of which audio function is being used e.g. (Radio, CD, etc).
Action:
As a temporary measure and with customer approval it is possible to mask this drop out by setting the TV region to USA. However, this does prevent the TV from operating but provides a quick although temporary fix until a more permanent resolution can be found.
1. No parts are to be changed in an attempt to resolve this issue.
2. Disable TV by selecting USA region from the touchscreen
3. It is essential to perform a successful shut down of thevehicle electrical system, by ensuring the ignition system is off and not used for a minimum of 5 minutes. This ensures the TV records this as a 'last good state' and that the new region is stored when the vehicle is powered on.
4. This is a temporary solution until permanent fix can be established. JLR will communicate this permanent fix as soon as possible.

Had: 2013 Prestige Auto Lux
Have: MY17 Autobiography in Waitomo Grey with Ivory/Espresso interior, HUD, Adaptive Cruise, Adaptive Dynamics, Dynamic Driveline, Wading, Massage Seats. Delivered 17/09/16
05-09-2013 06:46pm
SREV

Ive had this in my 61 plate Vogue : I called Land Rover as its going in for a service next week ....Seems its to do with the TV - They are going to turn my TV to USA ( making it useless ) as this will solve it until they find a solution !!!

(28-08-2013 03:52pm)musher Wrote:  Is anyone else experiencing their radio/music/tv sound keep cutting out on them. I only noticed it this morning travelling into work that every couple of minutes or so my radio would make a crackling noise then cut out for a few seconds before coming back on again and hasn't stopped doing it since. It's not just the radio that's doing this either, it's also doing it to the tv/Bluetooth basically by the sound of things anything connected to the sound system.

I just happened to be taking the car in to the dealer this afternoon for the fuel spill recall thing and thought i would mentioned it to them and asked whilst they had the car in, could they have a look for me. The service guy said funny I should mentioned about the radio as he has had a few other customers ringing in about the same thing and not all of them were Evoques either.

The thing that was even more spooky was whilst I was nosing around a new Evoque I thought why not so I turned the radio on and guess what, the brand new one in the showroom was doing exactly the same thing as mine. When it was time to pick mine up the service guy said that he had another couple of calls complaining about the same thing during the time i was in there.
06-09-2013 01:46pm
CRC@LandRover

Good Morning All,

Hope everyone is well?

Just an update regarding the issue some people are having where their stereos cut out.

The way TV signals are broadcasted changed at the end of August. Without going into to much technical detail this was causing the TV modules to re set quite frequently therefore making the stereos cut off.

Our engineering and technical teams have been trying to resolve this as a matter of urgency and as some of you are already aware it has been found that if you change the setting to US this stops the stereos cutting out. We are aware that this isn’t a long term fix but it at least allows you to use the stereo for the time being.

A proper fix has been found and should be released in approximately two weeks time.

I thank you all for your patience in this matter and assure you this is being dealt with as quickly as possible.

Many Thanks

Mike

Please note although Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any technical advice. This account is available between 0900 and 17:00 hours Monday – Friday. Outside of this time if you require assistance, please drop us a Private Message and we'll get back to you.
11-09-2013 02:18pm
Rxa

Thanks for the update Liam, I noticed this yesterday, the radio is cutting out every couple of minutes. Will change the TV region to US till we have a permanent fix.

Evoque Prestige Lux Sd4 - Santorini Black/ Spirit Tan interior/ Style 7 Shadow Chrome wheels - ordered July 2012, delivered November 2012
1986 Range Rover 3.5 v8 in Dhaka, Bangladesh
11-09-2013 02:39pm
RacingSnake

Good to hear Liam, Ironically I'm picking my car up from the dealers in a couple of hours with the 'temporary' fix applied.

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
12-09-2013 10:53am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I got so fed up with mine cutting out while driving up the motorways that I pulled over and set the TV to USA myself - no more breaks and crackles. Hope my new car doesn't do this when it arrives.....

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
12-09-2013 11:12am
Geezer71

Mine doing the same, so away to change setting to USA.

Black 2.2 SD4 panoramic roof, Lux pack, privacy glass 20 in alloys.
12-09-2013 05:14pm
PhilB

Mine started performing around the same time as other peoples.
Earlier this week the only loss I was getting was a 1-2 second loss of Dab and TV .
FM, CD's and memory stick all worked fine.
Strangely for the last 2 days the Dab is still playing up but TV signal has been fine with no breakup.
TV station list has definitely been updated from when I last looked a couple of weeks ago.

Today the Dab signal went completely from about 9am.
Had this before when they are working on the transmitters etc.
From 2pm today the Dab was back with no breakup.
TV is still fine as well.

Maybe where I am (edge of West London/ East Bucks/Berks) has a very strong signal and I'm not affected as some but (touching wood here) it has been working fine this afternoon.

Probably be completely knackered again tomorrow though.Laughing

Prestige SD4 5 door manual, Firenze, vibe, style 4, adaptive dynamics, privacy, Hybrid tv, spare wheel, grey oak wood finisher, ebony headliner.
13-09-2013 05:07pm
Shenley

Any updates?

Tuned ours to the US of A when this "fix" was mentioned.
Yesterday I tuned it back to the UK and as of yet no crackles/cutting out.
23-09-2013 11:23am