Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is there a Performance difference on SD4 pure & dynamic?
fam1x

Is there a Performance difference on SD4 pure & dynamic?

Does anyone know if there is a performance difference between the Pure SD4 and a Dynamic SD4 please ?

Reason I ask is Becuase I recently changed the rear bumper on the my Pure for the one on a Dynamic. which ment I needed a new exhaust as its different so I'm told. Having had the car back after 2 weeks and it does sound different to me. Now not sure if I'm just imagine it as the last 2 weeks I'm been driving an awful loan car.

Car feels much more smoother when you put your foot down to. I've not driven a dynamic before so not sure what that drives like.

thanks

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
22-08-2012 02:04pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Is there a Performance difference on SD4 pure & dynamic?

Should be only visual differences fam1x no power differences. I think you might be imagining the exhaust note is different! In theory, with all the extra weight of goodies on the Dynamic it should be slower than a standard Pure. Mind you that extra diffuser on the back now must be good for a few seconds off the 0-60 and improve the road holding a lot, imagine you could improve it more by adding the aeroflip spoiler...................Wink Laughing

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 22-08-2012 02:21pm by XFullFatTim.)
22-08-2012 02:16pm
Ranger4

I've never heard the sound of my exhaust, too much wind noise.....

5 door, SD4 Auto, Dynamic LUX, Orkney Grey, Verve Interior, Ebony Headlining, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel......
22-08-2012 02:23pm
PhilSkill

You may have had updated software while the car was in... improving the feel or responsiveness... (I think there has been an improvement on Auto box cars...?) this would change your perception. If all they've done is change the exhaust box at the back then it'll not make any noticable difference other than maybe slight sound. So it's probably just the step change from the loaner.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
22-08-2012 04:52pm
smayo

fam1x,

Did you change from a sinlge pipe to dual pipe exhaust?
Might sound different due to this, and perhaps a 'bit' more free flowing, but I doubt there would be much difference. Lucky to get 1bhp more, but may feel smoother. But them again it could equally be your imagination.

Ordered 17/2/12 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Mauritius Blue, Pan roof, 20" style 6 (gloss black), Vortex, Ebony Headlining, Ent Pack, Heated St. Wheel, Homelink, Pr Glass, Auto Dim r.view mirror, spare wheel
22-08-2012 09:25pm
jitenc

Only one way to find out......when do I race you? Smile

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
(This post was last modified: 22-08-2012 09:44pm by jitenc.)
22-08-2012 09:43pm
doug

All SD4 models come with the twin exhaust pipes Whistle

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
22-08-2012 09:47pm
fam1x

(22-08-2012 09:43pm)jitenc Wrote:  Only one way to find out......when do I race you? Smile

That sounds a really good idea (NOT) may have considered it if I still the old Porsche Wink

(22-08-2012 09:25pm)smayo Wrote:  fam1x,

Did you change from a sinlge pipe to dual pipe exhaust?
Might sound different due to this, and perhaps a 'bit' more free flowing, but I doubt there would be much difference. Lucky to get 1bhp more, but may feel smoother. But them again it could equally be your imagination.

Mine already had the dual pipe exhaust Smile

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
(This post was last modified: 23-08-2012 09:32am by fam1x.)
23-08-2012 09:31am
fam1x

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zs4585ukf3syqxj/DSC_7063.JPG

23-08-2012 03:10pm