babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Is there a Performance difference on SD4 pure & dynamic? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Is there a Performance difference on SD4 pure & dynamic? (/Thread-Is-there-a-Performance-difference-on-SD4-pure-dynamic)

Is there a Performance difference on SD4 pure & dynamic? - fam1x - 22-08-2012 02:04pm

Does anyone know if there is a performance difference between the Pure SD4 and a Dynamic SD4 please ?

Reason I ask is Becuase I recently changed the rear bumper on the my Pure for the one on a Dynamic. which ment I needed a new exhaust as its different so I'm told. Having had the car back after 2 weeks and it does sound different to me. Now not sure if I'm just imagine it as the last 2 weeks I'm been driving an awful loan car.

Car feels much more smoother when you put your foot down to. I've not driven a dynamic before so not sure what that drives like.

thanks

RE: Is there a Performance difference on SD4 pure & dynamic? - XFullFatTim - 22-08-2012 02:16pm

Should be only visual differences fam1x no power differences. I think you might be imagining the exhaust note is different! In theory, with all the extra weight of goodies on the Dynamic it should be slower than a standard Pure. Mind you that extra diffuser on the back now must be good for a few seconds off the 0-60 and improve the road holding a lot, imagine you could improve it more by adding the aeroflip spoiler...................Wink Laughing

RE: Is there a Performance difference on SD4 pure & dynamic? - Ranger4 - 22-08-2012 02:23pm

I've never heard the sound of my exhaust, too much wind noise.....

RE: Is there a Performance difference on SD4 pure & dynamic? - PhilSkill - 22-08-2012 04:52pm

You may have had updated software while the car was in... improving the feel or responsiveness... (I think there has been an improvement on Auto box cars...?) this would change your perception. If all they've done is change the exhaust box at the back then it'll not make any noticable difference other than maybe slight sound. So it's probably just the step change from the loaner.

RE: Is there a Performance difference on SD4 pure & dynamic? - smayo - 22-08-2012 09:25pm

fam1x,

Did you change from a sinlge pipe to dual pipe exhaust?
Might sound different due to this, and perhaps a 'bit' more free flowing, but I doubt there would be much difference. Lucky to get 1bhp more, but may feel smoother. But them again it could equally be your imagination.

RE: Is there a Performance difference on SD4 pure & dynamic? - jitenc - 22-08-2012 09:43pm

Only one way to find out......when do I race you? Smile

RE: Is there a Performance difference on SD4 pure & dynamic? - doug - 22-08-2012 09:47pm

All SD4 models come with the twin exhaust pipes Whistle

RE: Is there a Performance difference on SD4 pure & dynamic? - fam1x - 23-08-2012 09:31am

(22-08-2012 09:43pm)jitenc Wrote:  Only one way to find out......when do I race you? Smile

That sounds a really good idea (NOT) may have considered it if I still the old Porsche Wink

(22-08-2012 09:25pm)smayo Wrote:  fam1x,

Did you change from a sinlge pipe to dual pipe exhaust?
Might sound different due to this, and perhaps a 'bit' more free flowing, but I doubt there would be much difference. Lucky to get 1bhp more, but may feel smoother. But them again it could equally be your imagination.

Mine already had the dual pipe exhaust Smile

RE: Is there a Performance difference on SD4 pure & dynamic? - fam1x - 23-08-2012 03:10pm

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zs4585ukf3syqxj/DSC_7063.JPG