Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Production problem - check your Evoque!
Jai

Probably cheaper for the dealer to offer it $1k off than spend 5 on it to repair. They'll get looked after by JLR I'm sure Smile
17-12-2012 05:09pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: Production problem - check your Evoque!

Think you did the right thing there WB, I wouldn't want to live with it unless I bought it that way at a discount and it sends a message without any bad spirit that these things should be better found on the production line, not when they've built untold cars with the fault!

How did that get through inspection before Paint!

Shame for you though, what a pain and disappointment!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
17-12-2012 05:21pm
WB
WB

(17-12-2012 05:21pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Think you did the right thing there WB, I wouldn't want to live with it unless I bought it that way at a discount and it sends a message without any bad spirit that these things should be better found on the production line, not when they've built untold cars with the fault!

How did that get through inspection before Paint!

Shame for you though, what a pain and disappointment!

Thanks Phil,

I just know it would always bug me knowing the fault or the repair were there. The dealer didn't offer a discount or compensation but frankly I couldn't quantify the effect on resale value and I know if I saw a flaw like that on a used car I'd think it was a bodged repair.

I agree - makes no sense how they've managed to produce hundreds if not thousands of cars with this fault without the factory spotting it.

Ironically the dealer is probably better off with getting me a replacement as he'll probably get an extra car in his allocation and its a nicely specced car so I'm sure he'll have no trouble selling it.

It is a pain and disappointing that QC is worse a year after my first Evoque.
(17-12-2012 05:09pm)Jai Wrote:  Probably cheaper for the dealer to offer it $1k off than spend 5 on it to repair. They'll get looked after by JLR I'm sure Smile

LR have already accepted that any repair would be under warranty at their expense so no cost to the dealer at all.
(This post was last modified: 17-12-2012 05:40pm by WB.)
17-12-2012 05:39pm
brianthedog

I think I am fortunate that there is still a significant waiting list and a nearly-new Evoque will probably sell for list price.
Being offered the ability to reject a car once you have driven off in it must be extremely rare, particularly for a (relatively) minor cosmetic fault. I should never have been put in the position to have to, of course, but I have been very impressed how this was handled by the dealer.
It feels like I have bought into a premium brand again.

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr in Orkney with Ebony, Black Contrast roof
Pan Roof, Premium interior pack, Park Assist, Shadow Chrome Wheels, Roof Rails
18-12-2012 01:16am
NightFox

(18-12-2012 01:16am)brianthedog Wrote:  I think I am fortunate that there is still a significant waiting list and a nearly-new Evoque will probably sell for list price.
Being offered the ability to reject a car once you have driven off in it must be extremely rare, particularly for a (relatively) minor cosmetic fault. I should never have been put in the position to have to, of course, but I have been very impressed how this was handled by the dealer.

I'm pretty sure LR always used to offer something like a 14 day no quibble satisfaction guarantee in which you could return the car for any reason within that time for a refund. They seemed to advertise it less prominently as the years went by, but I think it was still in place in 2010, don't know about now though as I didn't ask this time.

MY13 TD4 Pure Manual ~ Tech Pack ~ Mauritius Blue ~ Panoramic Roof ~ Adaptive Xenons ~ Park Assist ~ Keyless Entry ~ Reversing Camera ~ Powerfold Mirrors ~ Autodimming Mirror
Ordered 14/6/12 ~ Built 13/11/12 ~ Delivered 15/11/12 ~ Collected 20/11/12

[Image: 163643.png]
18-12-2012 07:19am
WB
WB

Frankly we shouldn't need to be impressed that they are willing to take back cars leaving the factory with defects. If they tightened up the production line (allowing more time!!!) and improved QC we wouldn't be in this position.
18-12-2012 10:57pm
Steveb68

(18-12-2012 01:16am)brianthedog Wrote:  I think I am fortunate that there is still a significant waiting list and a nearly-new Evoque will probably sell for list price.

Hi Brian, exactley where was this problem, have you posted pics

cheers

steve

Ordered for end March 2013
Dynamic SD4 automatic, Orkney grey, contrast Santorini Pano roof, style 7 shadow chrome, Privacy Glass, Tech Pac 2, Park assist,CHANGED TO VORTEX interior,Black Roof Rails,Adaptive Dynamics, and yes I know its a lot of money but aeroflip, Ebony H Lining, cold climate pack,adaptive Xenon headlights and Spare wheel
19-12-2012 09:56pm
cjfp

Post #17

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
19-12-2012 10:11pm
Steveb68

Thanks see it now

Ordered for end March 2013
Dynamic SD4 automatic, Orkney grey, contrast Santorini Pano roof, style 7 shadow chrome, Privacy Glass, Tech Pac 2, Park assist,CHANGED TO VORTEX interior,Black Roof Rails,Adaptive Dynamics, and yes I know its a lot of money but aeroflip, Ebony H Lining, cold climate pack,adaptive Xenon headlights and Spare wheel
19-12-2012 10:52pm
Anorak

Picked up my 5 door today. Panels are perfect. In fact everything is perfect. Built 7th Nov 2012.
I don't remember the test drive being as good as this. Very sweet drive.
14-01-2013 01:17pm