Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Production problem - check your Evoque!
WB
WB

RE: Production problem - check your Evoque!

(03-12-2012 11:16am)brianthedog Wrote:  To all those awaiting delivery and worrying about this, please try not to. There may be some worse than others but the ones I have seen (mine and two other 5 dr 2013 MY's at the dealers) are not so bad. It took me a while to even demonstrate to them what I was complaining about.

The chap did mention about replacing the panel to resolve it and I would have to agree with his opinion that that would be ridiculous. Nevertheless, they did take some photo's and maybe LR will suggest some easier way way of sorting it - but even if there is no solution, at the very least, we all need to be pointing out that this is not good enough.

They are fixing my other (paint) flaw next week.

Brian, have you heard any more from your dealer or LR?
06-12-2012 10:10pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
brianthedog

(06-12-2012 10:10pm)WB Wrote:  Brian, have you heard any more from your dealer or LR?

Since I got absolutely zero in the mail from the dealer from the day of ordering until I took delivery (they did not even send me a brochure despite promising to) and since taking delivery they do not reply to e-mail either, so I am not surprised I have heard nothing.

They are coming to collect it on Tuesday to fix the separate paint issue and I get a Freelander to try, I am not anticipating there will be any attempt to fix the panel this time.

Nick from LR CRC PM'd me as a result of my post to get my details logged so they are paying attention.

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr in Orkney with Ebony, Black Contrast roof
Pan Roof, Premium interior pack, Park Assist, Shadow Chrome Wheels, Roof Rails
07-12-2012 12:19am
WB
WB

LR called me again and despite the factory/engineering not knowing what has caused this and still not recognising how wide spread this problem is they have somehow come to the conclusion that its purely cosmetic and can be fixed by the body shop.

I've told them I'm not convinced and I don't like the idea of a brand new car having any kind of bodywork.

They're going to get the bodyshop to assess what they would do to repair it then let me know.

The longer this takes the more I think the only option I'll be happy with is to reject this car and order another.
07-12-2012 10:33pm
WB
WB

(07-12-2012 12:19am)brianthedog Wrote:  Since I got absolutely zero in the mail from the dealer from the day of ordering until I took delivery (they did not even send me a brochure despite promising to) and since taking delivery they do not reply to e-mail either, so I am not surprised I have heard nothing.

They are coming to collect it on Tuesday to fix the separate paint issue and I get a Freelander to try, I am not anticipating there will be any attempt to fix the panel this time.

Nick from LR CRC PM'd me as a result of my post to get my details logged so they are paying attention.

Any updates Brian or any of the other owners with this issue?
10-12-2012 04:18pm
NightFox

(10-12-2012 04:18pm)WB Wrote:  Any updates Brian or any of the other owners with this issue?

Hi, still need to find the time to get my Evoque into the dealers for them to have a look and take some photos on behalf of LR CS. As I'm in Norway right now, it ain't going to be this week!

MY13 TD4 Pure Manual ~ Tech Pack ~ Mauritius Blue ~ Panoramic Roof ~ Adaptive Xenons ~ Park Assist ~ Keyless Entry ~ Reversing Camera ~ Powerfold Mirrors ~ Autodimming Mirror
Ordered 14/6/12 ~ Built 13/11/12 ~ Delivered 15/11/12 ~ Collected 20/11/12

[Image: 163643.png]
10-12-2012 04:22pm
WB
WB

Just had an update from Land Rover CS. The factory have identified it as an issue with the stamp when producing the panel.

They've advised that it is purely cosmetic and I'm awaiting to hear the details of the proposed repair.
12-12-2012 12:24pm
brianthedog

Disaster.

The WT* 'paint' defect (not the defect on MY 13 5 doors initially reported on this thread) that I found is apparently a problem with the panel. I have only had the car 10 weeks, less than 800 miles and LR want to replace the panel.

Absolutely gutted.Sad

14-12-2012 11:30am
WB
WB

(14-12-2012 11:30am)brianthedog Wrote:  Disaster.

The WT* 'paint' defect (not the defect on MY 13 5 doors initially reported on this thread) that I found is apparently a problem with the panel. I have only had the car 10 weeks, less than 800 miles and LR want to replace the panel.

Absolutely gutted.Sad

Not good news Brian... Another person (on the other forum) who has the original driver side panel flaw was told by Lookers bodyshop that they are recommending a replacement panel so you would be looking at having both rear quarters replaced on your car... sounds like solid grounds to reject the car in my book.

I'm still waiting to hear from the bodyshop looking at my car (I call it mine although I've neither paid for it nor accepted it yet).
14-12-2012 11:54am
brianthedog

Disaster averted, car rejected.

Without even arguing the DEALER (not LR) agreed to replace the car. My current car will be repaired and the panel replaced - then I get it back until they can build me a new one.Very Happy

The dealer think it may have been a botched repair to a fault that came off the line. I don't quite understand this, but then they have had it stripped down and had a good look.

Still an inconvenience but the best possible outcome in the circumstances.

Well done Lloyd Carlisle.Bow down

15-12-2012 08:55am
WB
WB

I've rejected my car today too.

The dealer was quite good about it but it's a shame that it took over 3 weeks to get the information together on the cause and the work required to remedy it.

Interestingly the dealer said he would just be selling this car without carrying out the repair.

So I'm now waiting to hear back from LR on a new build date and what will be happening with the loan car which LR have provided.
17-12-2012 03:45pm