Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Problem before delivery!!!
NorfolkNgood

RE: Problem before delivery!!!

Hi again,
The dealer says that they can be retro fitted but...and this is the point of the matter,they say the fogs are not an official accessories so they can fit them but no warranty will be offered on them so if a problem occures and affects the ecu or other parts of the car it wll not be covered!!! Can the dealer do this?
14-09-2012 04:30pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WB
WB

I think you should put your foot down and tell them no compromises - if you have any problems in the future with your electrics they will end up blaming the fogs. Either they fit and give you full warranty or they rush you through another car with the right spec and you use this or another demo until it shows up.

If they don't start playing ball go to the DP and get Land Rover customer services involved.
(This post was last modified: 14-09-2012 04:34pm by WB.)
14-09-2012 04:33pm
Griff449

Laughable tell them you're taking no for an answer replace the Evoque or sort the problem out!

Had a Pure TD4, Fuji White - now have Dynamic SD4, Fuji White 9 Speed auto with Verve Interior - let the new project begin!
14-09-2012 04:35pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
defender_uk

(14-09-2012 04:33pm)WB Wrote:  I think you should put your foot down and tell them no compromises - if you have any problems in the future with your electrics they will end up blaming the fogs. Either they fit and give you full warranty or they rush you through another car with the right spec and you use this or another demo until it shows up.

If they don't start playing ball go to the DP and get Land Rover customer services involved.

absolutely insist. You will always end up being fobbed off for any problem that occurs and you will always be cursing yourself for not getting it right at the start.

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
14-09-2012 05:21pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
J77

@WB - I assumed that if going to all that trouble they would work, just trying to assist a fellow member.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
14-09-2012 09:41pm
Craig_d1

I had a pure without the fog lights and the dealer said they couldn't retro fit them. Wasn't just the lights but the indicator stalks on the inside we're different also, so even if you put them in, you had no way to operate them(and the wiring wasn't there either).
So if they are now saying they can retro fit them, get it in writing that if you take the car on the condition that they retrofit, and then can't, they'll replace it for the correct spec at their expense, not yours
14-09-2012 10:37pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Have you contacted our contact at Land Rover, member Nick@Land Rover?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
15-09-2012 12:19am
NorfolkNgood

I went to see the dealer last evening and the car looked stunning,everything we ordered except for the fogs. Didn't start shouting the odds as this resolves nothing ,had a good discussion with the salesman and he obviously had to talk to his boss as what was to be done,but we did say "the fogs had to be fitted with full warranty as ordered"............
15-09-2012 04:45am
Griff449

Well le us know how you get on I'm sure you will get the result you're looking for in the end Smile

Had a Pure TD4, Fuji White - now have Dynamic SD4, Fuji White 9 Speed auto with Verve Interior - let the new project begin!
15-09-2012 09:29am
Evo-king

Lots of good advice here.

Your dilemma is that the car is tangible, and you are keen to get in it.

Just make sure you get what you ordered, I take it your order paperwork shows front fog as an option?

Pressure your dealer into providing you with the right items, or as has been said before get them to reorder and loan use the current Evoque.

If it does get difficult, does as Tim advised and contact Nic or Liam at LRCS.

Good luck.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
15-09-2012 10:36am