Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Problem before delivery!!!
NorfolkNgood

Problem before delivery!!!

Hi all been waiting for delivery now for about 6months ,my dealer calls today to say that the car is here but without the fog lights that were ordered ,he also says that they cannot be retro fitted! Is this correct? What should I do?
Regards
Gav.
14-09-2012 03:13pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Griff449

RE: Problem before delivery!!!

Reject it........ It would bug the hell out of me for sure not having them!

What was your spec?

Had a Pure TD4, Fuji White - now have Dynamic SD4, Fuji White 9 Speed auto with Verve Interior - let the new project begin!
(This post was last modified: 14-09-2012 03:16pm by Griff449.)
14-09-2012 03:15pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Gav - you could reject the car, re-order and wait another 6 months......................... or you could use it as a means to a whacking great discount if you can live without the fogs and are prepared to live with it. You are not really in a great position because you can bet you bottom dollar that the dealer has a waiting list of folks who would be happy to take yours claimed it was a cancelled order. Try negotiating with them and see what they offer - you also want a free tank of diesel, vouchers for a FULL DAY LRE, flowers for the wife, 3 years free servicing....................... free GAP/Wheel and Tyre Insurance...... you get the picture?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 14-09-2012 03:19pm by XFullFatTim.)
14-09-2012 03:16pm
WB
WB

Only one answer for me - you get free use of the car until they get you the right one - all at their cost.
14-09-2012 03:29pm
defender_uk

(14-09-2012 03:29pm)WB Wrote:  Only one answer for me - you get free use of the car until they get you the right one - all at their cost.

seconded...

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
14-09-2012 03:38pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vinda

(14-09-2012 03:29pm)WB Wrote:  Only one answer for me - you get free use of the car until they get you the right one - all at their cost.

Same here
14-09-2012 03:57pm
NorfolkNgood

(14-09-2012 03:38pm)defender_uk Wrote:  seconded...

Thanks for the replys ,off to the dealer to have a look now!like the idea about keeping the car until the correct one turns up!not sure if they would go for that as they could easily say no and sell it on. As a cancelled order
14-09-2012 04:01pm
WB
WB

(14-09-2012 04:01pm)NorfolkNgood Wrote:  Thanks for the replys ,off to the dealer to have a look now!like the idea about keeping the car until the correct one turns up!not sure if they would go for that as they could easily say no and sell it on. As a cancelled order

It has happened more than once before including one poor sod who ordered a coupe and got delivered a 5 door and Caroline who had the poor paint repair - they got to use the cars until the correct ones were rushed through.

I'd advise taking this straight to the dealer principal because they will try all they can to get away with the error so you'll have to push hard.

Also don't feel pressured into making a snap decision - take away their offer and mull it over in your own time.
(This post was last modified: 14-09-2012 04:05pm by WB.)
14-09-2012 04:04pm
J77

Front fogs can be retro fitted but it is a pig of a job, this probably why the dealer says they can't.

Copied from another thread

I will start by saying dont try this on your own unless you have a resonably good mechanical knowledge and a set of smallish Torx bits - oh and patience and thin arms and a large vocabulary of swear words (I only have the last attribute).
I was one of those who, in the mad rush to order my car, didnt notice the car didnt come with - then didnt have time to add - front fog lights.
The car arrived and the silver plastic fog light shaped inserts were not doing anything for me or IMHO the front 'look'of the car. I managed to get a set of fog lights off Ebay and was happy once again
Boy was I in for a shock. I will take this opportunity to apologise for not having any photos of the job as it progressed but if I had to do that as well I probably wouldnt be able to write this as there is apparently very little movement in a straightjacket.
I decided to do this the easy way (Oh really!!) and not completely remove the front bumper. I really only wanted the fog lights for 'show' and didnt intend to ever wire them up. On my Pure (Think Dynamic is the same) start by pulling firmly on the black semi circular arch trim. It will pop off and can be easily refitted. There is one of those push in type plastic fixings which holds the arch liner to the front wing (the wings on our really expensive cars are plastic by the way !). Both sides are the same. The arch liner can be teased out from behind the wing and is flexible enough to get a thin arm (or a fat arm - if you can stand the pain and the after-look which resembled a serious self-harm effort) into the gap, pop out the upper and lower black plastic trim pieces and unscrew the 3 Torx screws (size 25 I think).
You will find that if you start on the nearside there is nothing much in the space and the plastic insert can be removed reasonably easily. The fog light can be manipulated through the same gap as your arm and is fiddly but can be screwed in with a bit of patience.
The offside is a whole other ball game. Fixings/arch trim are the same but the windscreen washer reservoir takes up most of the area behind the fog-light. Had to release the single fixing holding the reservoir to the chassis and the support on the bonnet slam panel but still had to hacksaw off the lower fixing on the silver trim panel before I could get it out. I then took the green screw fixers off the bumper and transferred them onto the fog light which can with a bit of gentle forcing, lots of swear words for lubrication and patience (you wont have any left by this time) will eventually go back in and the screws were re-attached from the outside rather than the inside.
Took about 2 hours - looks great - but I filled the swear jar and both forearms looked like Id had a serious go at self harm.

Either insist they fit them or as has been said use the car until your one comes.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
(This post was last modified: 14-09-2012 04:18pm by J77.)
14-09-2012 04:17pm
WB
WB

(14-09-2012 04:17pm)J77 Wrote:  Front fogs can be retro fitted but it is a pig of a job, this probably why the dealer says they can't.

Copied from another thread

I will start by saying dont try this on your own unless you have a resonably good mechanical knowledge and a set of smallish Torx bits - oh and patience and thin arms and a large vocabulary of swear words (I only have the last attribute).
I was one of those who, in the mad rush to order my car, didnt notice the car didnt come with - then didnt have time to add - front fog lights.
The car arrived and the silver plastic fog light shaped inserts were not doing anything for me or IMHO the front 'look'of the car. I managed to get a set of fog lights off Ebay and was happy once again
Boy was I in for a shock. I will take this opportunity to apologise for not having any photos of the job as it progressed but if I had to do that as well I probably wouldnt be able to write this as there is apparently very little movement in a straightjacket.
I decided to do this the easy way (Oh really!!) and not completely remove the front bumper. I really only wanted the fog lights for 'show' and didnt intend to ever wire them up. On my Pure (Think Dynamic is the same) start by pulling firmly on the black semi circular arch trim. It will pop off and can be easily refitted. There is one of those push in type plastic fixings which holds the arch liner to the front wing (the wings on our really expensive cars are plastic by the way !). Both sides are the same. The arch liner can be teased out from behind the wing and is flexible enough to get a thin arm (or a fat arm - if you can stand the pain and the after-look which resembled a serious self-harm effort) into the gap, pop out the upper and lower black plastic trim pieces and unscrew the 3 Torx screws (size 25 I think).
You will find that if you start on the nearside there is nothing much in the space and the plastic insert can be removed reasonably easily. The fog light can be manipulated through the same gap as your arm and is fiddly but can be screwed in with a bit of patience.
The offside is a whole other ball game. Fixings/arch trim are the same but the windscreen washer reservoir takes up most of the area behind the fog-light. Had to release the single fixing holding the reservoir to the chassis and the support on the bonnet slam panel but still had to hacksaw off the lower fixing on the silver trim panel before I could get it out. I then took the green screw fixers off the bumper and transferred them onto the fog light which can with a bit of gentle forcing, lots of swear words for lubrication and patience (you wont have any left by this time) will eventually go back in and the screws were re-attached from the outside rather than the inside.
Took about 2 hours - looks great - but I filled the swear jar and both forearms looked like Id had a serious go at self harm.

Either insist they fit them or as has been said use the car until your one comes.

The above doesn't say anything about them being functional that I can see?
14-09-2012 04:24pm