Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Prestige Vs Dynamic Exterior
Coolbanana

RE: Prestige Vs Dynamic Exterior

Wow Stef! Laughing Interesting observations...

I can't agree - I chose the Dynamic and love it!

(13-02-2012 09:21pm)stef.c Wrote:  -In normal non suv cars lowered sideskirts looks great and sporty. But on this suv crossover it brings it back down to earth again and makes it look less 4x4, more suped up hot hatch. The optical illusion you get that the car is sitting much higher from the ground from the dark sideskirts on the prestige/pure is gone.
The Evoque isn't high off the ground in any guise and I'm not in the slightest interested in seeking the illusion of height - even visually.

-The skid plates front and back are too obvious on the dynamic and that's the first thing to catch your eye. Lets face it they arent very pretty. On prestige it's a more subtle shade.
Ah, beauty is in the eye of the beholder...I find the skid plates front and back enhance the looks by making the car look more purposeful - less 'soft'. The Evoque does have a 'sporty' nature - in Si4 form with Dynamic mode engaged - by SUV standards too and these accents follow through by adding the sporty looks.

-The whole look of the car is supposed to be squat and muscular and mean. You can see it from the slim headlights, flared arches etc. The dark sideskirt areas on the prestige help to emphasise this by making the bodywork look less tall and more squat which encourages it to look more aggressive.
Noooooo, quite the opposite! Indeed, squat, muscular and mean but the Dynamic is the car that fulfills this brief more - it looks harder, a car with more intent.

-The LRX design is a very careful progression from the older Range Rovers. If you look over the years they have become less 'green housey', not as 'high'. In short they have ventured further and further from the more traditional boxy look. The dynamic I feel is a step back and not as forward looking. The high side doors are more in keeping with the older designs.
Again, I have to disagree. The Dynamic appears more aggressive and looks lower than the Prestige - indeed, it is by virtue of the lower body kit.

-The silver grill, accents on the prestige as opposed to the black ones on the dynamic look slicker and more ipody especially in white.
The silver accents make the car appear bling...softer and shinier...

-The prestige has a little silver trim on the side doors which looks like a step and is kinda cool. 8 )
Too high for an actual step though...again...bling.

It would be fair to say that my wife has been a slow convert to the Evoque's charms and now likes my Dynamic but she finds the Prestige far too bling to the point that she said she would not have been seen in it had I bought one! Personally, I see her point but do like the Prestige - it has clean looks. If the Dynamic didn't exist I would happily have owned one.

Ultimately, all the Evoque's look great - Pure, Prestige and Dynamic! Cool

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Car:Range Rover Sport 3.0SDV6 HSE - Orkney Grey, Almond interior and with lots of options
Bike:Ducati Monster 1100 EVO
13-02-2012 10:51pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
stef.c

(13-02-2012 10:43pm)THEMACS Wrote:  Think you are taking this a bit too seriously!! You are right it is all about personal tastes but if people feel insulted from what has been posted, then may I suggest THEY have a problem!!

I'm sure Stef wasn't thinking of invading Poland next!!LaughingLaughingLaughing By the way that was a joke and by no means meant to upset anyone!

Oh dear what have I started?! Like the Macs said I wasn't looking to start WWiii just starting a healthy debate! I am quite into design so maybe I've been over thinking this one a little...

Feel free to put me in my place any one!
13-02-2012 10:53pm
Evoque U

Totally agree coolbanana, that is the only problem LR has created. If only one model was available I would still purchase.

Si4 5 door Prestige,Fuji white,spirit interior,prestige tech pack,adaptive dynamics, heated seats,keyless entry,park assist,surround cameras,panoramic roof,adaptive xenon headlamps.aftermarket 20" Wheels

Living the dream since 10/3/12
13-02-2012 10:56pm
Asty

(13-02-2012 10:53pm)stef.c Wrote:  Oh dear what have I started?!

Nothing! The Dynamic is rubbish Smile
13-02-2012 10:59pm
stef.c

(13-02-2012 10:56pm)Evoque U Wrote:  Totally agree coolbanana, that is the only problem LR has created. If only one model was available I would still purchase.

Agreed! However there is more than one model available and Prestige is just....better.
(This post was last modified: 13-02-2012 11:05pm by stef.c.)
13-02-2012 11:01pm
invoke

I bought the car because of its dynamic look, as opposed to its prestigious or contaminated appearances ( both former have more of frog like silhouette)

Black/Black Dynamic (with missing dynamic button), 4dr and a tailgate, stadium seats with butt warmer, extra large moon roof for kids clustrophobia, velcro surface card board floor mats, factory installed humming accessory and the famous "Wind noise-rattle package".
13-02-2012 11:14pm
ChuckieB

Personally I would want a mix of the 2!

Certain options that were more important were specced or only available on the Prestige at the time so Prestige it was!

To go down the "Presnamic" route woul have been OTT!

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
13-02-2012 11:17pm
Donny Dog

(13-02-2012 11:17pm)ChuckieB Wrote:  Personally I would want a mix of the 2!

Certain options that were more important were specced or only available on the Prestige at the time so Prestige it was!

To go down the "Presnamic" route woul have been OTT!

I agree!
13-02-2012 11:22pm
Wired

Stef I think you analysed the design very well, even spotting things I had not yet noticed.
I also agree with you on most parts, hence my order for a prestige Cool

SD4 Automatic Prestige BALTIC BLUE - 5 DOOR - 19" wheels - Xeons - Tech pack - winter pack - Pano roof
13-02-2012 11:26pm
paulelescoces

Prestige Vs Dynamic Exterior

While I do like the exterior look of the dynamic I did wonder if I would regret it and wished I had gotten the grown-up classy model (prestige) saying that both look great and I smile every time I see an evoque on the road

Delivered: SD4 Prestige Auto 5 Door, Fuji White with Vibe interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Electric Tailgate, Winter Pack, Adaptive Xenons, Roofrails...
13-02-2012 11:30pm