Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Prestige Vs Dynamic Exterior
cutter7

RE: Prestige Vs Dynamic Exterior

(14-02-2012 09:45am)stevehill Wrote:  Own a prestige
I have to say my view is the dynamic looks far better from the outside.
But the inside of the prestige is far better
As I spend most of the time inside the car thats why I went for Prestige

i used to spend most of my time in the car when i lived in Reading 20 years ago! Laughing

Is that traffic still bad down the Basingstoke Rd,..used to be a nightmare..

14-02-2012 10:07am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Does it really matter, the RRE looks great with Black plastic, faux chrome plastic or grey plastic sticky on bits. None of the add-ons make the car drive any better or worse either. As we have all seen it looks grim with body coloured stick on bits! Personnally the only bit of the outside of my Dynamic I think look incongruous are the overlarge tailpipe surrounds - if they had a proper exhaust system in them instead of the standard tailpipe hiding inside they wouldn't be so bad.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 14-02-2012 10:15am by XFullFatTim.)
14-02-2012 10:10am
stef.c

(14-02-2012 10:10am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Does it really matter, the RRE looks great with Black plastic, faux chrome plastic or grey plastic sticky on bits. None of the add-ons make the car drive any better or worse either. As we have all seen it looks grim with body coloured stick on bits! Personnally the only bit of the outside of my Dynamic I think look incongruous are the overlarge tailpipe surrounds - if they had a proper exhaust system in them instead of the standard tailpipe hiding inside they wouldn't be so bad.

I hear what your saying Tim. In all honesty they both look great.

I didn't want the thread to come across as gloaty or 'my toy is better than yours' but I think thats kinda how its ended up!

TBH I was just wanting to readdress the balance a little as there seems to be a lot of smug dynamic owners out there that dis the other cars at the first opportunity!

He started it Sir!! Laughing
(This post was last modified: 14-02-2012 11:31am by stef.c.)
14-02-2012 11:29am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I could bring it all to an end and lock the thread if you like

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 14-02-2012 12:27pm by XFullFatTim.)
14-02-2012 12:24pm
RacingSnake

Interesting comments both ways... for me, I prefer the sporty looks of the Dynamic , in the same way I like the "90 day/miami vice" white which is also a conversation topic.

I have the opportunity to change to a Prestige or Pure, but for me, a pure "with all the toys" is just a crazy idea (based on cost versus a dynamic), and well, I am just not a fan of all the chrome going on with the prestige.

What does make me laugh (and I've seen it a few times on here), is the comparison to the 'purity' of the LRX concept.... seriously, I don't believe this one iota! To me, this sounds like a justification for your choice rather than a decision in it's own right. The LRX interior is quite a way off what we have today, the exterior is very close, yes, but with the dumbo ears fitted to the production car, the concept car look has gone immediately. all IMO of course.

I don't see a heirachy here, and people will always justify their own choices (as I have/will), but a thread directly comparing the models in terms of personal perception is an arguement waiting to happen!

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
14-02-2012 12:31pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CSJ

The fact that people have different views on which one is best is exactly why LR produce the different models - people prefer different things - its no different to colour choice in that respect.

I hope everyone enjoys their cars and can appreciate the different choices of others.

For what its worth mine is not working properly and about to have a big row with the dealer Sad

On order: Volvo XC60 T5 Inscription Pro

Current: Porsche Macan, Pebble Interior, Volcano Grey, Bose, other extras which cost lots and should be standard

Gone:
BMW X6 m diesel with BMW exclusive interior
Evoque Dynamic Orkney, Accolade Dynamic Plus Sports Interior (Ivory)
Evoque. Coupe, Dynamic, Fuji, Pursuit (x2)
Scirocco 2.0 GT DSG, Black, Black Lthr, 19" Luganos
TT Mk 2, Grey, Audi Exclusive Int
SLK Mk 2, Blk, Beige Lthr
TT Mk 1, Blue, Silver Lthr
TT Mk 1, Silver, Grey Lthr
14-02-2012 12:37pm
THEMACS

(14-02-2012 12:24pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I could bring it all to an end and lock the thread if you like

Didn't realise we were operating under a dictatorship!!Laughing

I think it's good that people give their OWN views on the different cars and again how boring if we all liked the same!

They all look great, well except for those withn the black trim colour coded which are HIDIEOUS!!

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
(This post was last modified: 14-02-2012 02:52pm by THEMACS.)
14-02-2012 02:17pm
Asty

(14-02-2012 12:31pm)RacingSnake Wrote:  I prefer the sporty looks of the Dynamic ......

So would I it it didn't accelerate like a damp squib Smile

How about we end this:

Prestige --> diesel
Dynamic --> petrol

Simples Smile
14-02-2012 03:33pm
alanet

I think that the prestige/pure is closest to the LRX concept and really like the way that the black sills make the car look slimmer.
I didn't like the Dynamic at all until I saw one in the flesh.

The 2 look great but quite different. It's nice to have choice!
14-02-2012 04:27pm
cjfp

@Asty - but there is a petrol Dynamic, so if you want the oomph then buy the petrol Dynamic.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
14-02-2012 04:40pm