Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Powered tailgate opening on its own
tmdchan

Powered tailgate opening on its own

Hi everyone, I bought a 2nd hand 2013 dynamic 4 door and I've been driving it for a week or so - fantastic car, really loved it.

One issue that I am facing is that there have been a few times where after I've unlocked the door (at multiple entry setting) - the powered tailgate sometimes would just release on its own.

Its problematic because it was actually quite close that the tailgate was going to hit the wall and I was lucky enough to stop the motion otherwise there would have been some damage.

Anyone has any insights to this please? Thank you in advance.

Cheers,
Desmond
15-12-2014 02:53am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Powered tailgate opening on its own

Welcomed to the forum Desmond.

Couple of things to be careful with that might be the cause of your problem - some people have complained that it is too easy to brush the remote tailgate opener button that is below the dash at knee height and I ahve had issues with both my Evoques of not getting my finger exactly on the unlock button when opening the car using the fob and accidently using part of my flat thumb to press the tailgate release. If you are worried that the tailgate will open too high then the opening height is adjustable and it will stop wherever you set it to. The instructions for the maximum height setting are in the manual. That, unfortuantely I don't have to hand at present.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
15-12-2014 09:30am
tmdchan

RE: Powered tailgate opening on its own

Thanks for the feedback. I actually was being quite cautious and I was almost certain that I didn't brush the remote tailgate opener. I called up Range Rover HK and the technician is suspecting that it could be the smart key's issue (since I don't have the same problem using the other smart key) and they will be happy to have it replaced when I take the car to service next time.

I also managed to change to max. height setting for the tailgate; but thanks for advising me to do so.
15-12-2014 12:44pm