Colima Lime
Firenze Red
Galway Green
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.83 Average
Poll: Which colour have you gone for?
Blackseries

RE: Poll: Which colour have you gone for?

Ok I’ve probably got too much time on my hands but I thought I would do a comparison between our colour choices and the “norm” for this segment. So here goes.

BTW this is for the UK Market

For 5 door cars in the £27,000 - £50,000 range less than a year old - so this probably means the vast majority are ex demos i.e. cars that dealers think will sell quickly and therefore reflect current new car buying trends, the breakdown is as follows :-

Black 29%
Grey 28%
Silver 23%
White 11%
Blue 7%
Red 3%

And for 2/3 door cars in the £27,000 - £50,000

Black 30%
White 22%
Silver 16%
Grey 14%
Blue 12%
Red 6%

I appreciate our survey isn’t that representative at the moment but it does look as if it confirms LR’s thoughts that Evoque customers are Coupe trend purchasers rather than traditional SUV ones ...... well at least when it comes to colour choice we appear to be.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
(This post was last modified: 26-04-2011 09:46am by Blackseries.)
25-04-2011 09:04pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LRX
Banned

I was thinking about getting my black Dynamic wrapped in matte white, but with 50% being white OEM, I might not bother!
25-04-2011 09:34pm
Kermit

(25-04-2011 08:44am)griff Wrote:  http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/vid...ative.html
This is the one i meant. Looks like Ipanema sand to me.

I can see a bit of gold in these but overall I'd say the colour has more silver. Hard to tell with those shots of a dirty vehicle.
26-04-2011 01:29am
griff

Having been to Evoque Live I'm still content with my choice of colour.
Have any of you had second thoughts?

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
24-05-2011 09:24am
MW73

Was going for Firenze but now Orkney with black roof and style 7 shadow wheels. At least there won't be too many as this colour will only be used for a short time until the usual colours resume next year!
24-05-2011 08:18pm
cybman

you changed from Firenze ... any problem with that color?
24-05-2011 09:04pm
MW73

It's not available on the early cars due to the problem with the factory in japan.. It will be available on a few later orders this year, nov/dec and for orders next year onwards....shame but I think the Orkney grey will look good with black roof.
24-05-2011 09:23pm
cjfp

@mw73 - if u originally ordered FRed on a first build, it IS now available again as they have limited stocks.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
24-05-2011 09:43pm
MW73

@mw73 - if u originally ordered FRed on a first build, it IS now available again as they have limited stocks.

Mmmm strange I was told by my dealer today that it my colour couldn't be changed which seems strange. I was told if I did my order would be delayed to the next allocation of vehicles! I was also told I couldn't even add power tail gate to my spec as this would also change my build slot.? Seems like the dealers are making up their own rules which is ***p customer service when your spending over £40k!
Is there anyone on here that works for a dealer or in the know that can shed any light on this before I loose it with my dealer! Aaaaahhhhh! Mad
24-05-2011 09:54pm
paulus599

(24-05-2011 09:54pm)MW73 Wrote:  Is there anyone on here that works for a dealer or in the know that can shed any light on this before I loose it with my dealer! Aaaaahhhhh! Mad

Lookers Park Royal (James) and GeordieBoy both work at dealerships. Haven't seen any posts from them for a while now though, but hopefully they will drop in and be able to give a definative answer - please Very Happy

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
24-05-2011 10:09pm