Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
how late
Ianpembs

how late

still not sure on colour when are you at the point of no return ie committed to colour and extras
22-07-2012 10:30pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Andy_A

RE: how late

(22-07-2012 10:30pm)Ianpembs Wrote:  still not sure on colour when are you at the point of no return ie committed to colour and extras

Hi Ian, it's about 3-4 weeks before your build date.

On order:
SD4 Auto, Prestige 5 door, Firenze Red, Black Leather, Pano, Privacy, Elec Tailgate......Patience is a Virtue!
23-07-2012 10:23am
Ianpembs

Cheers Andy been in touch with dealer and he seems a bit reluctant as saying it may be susceptible to price rise if I change any of the spec will keep digging.
23-07-2012 11:17am
Andy_A

(23-07-2012 11:17am)Ianpembs Wrote:  Cheers Andy been in touch with dealer and he seems a bit reluctant as saying it may be susceptible to price rise if I change any of the spec will keep digging.

Why is it that some dealers are so intent on being mysterious about these things? If you have a build date, the Vista print-out will have a 'Last Date of Order Change', AFAIK you can change up to this date.

On order:
SD4 Auto, Prestige 5 door, Firenze Red, Black Leather, Pano, Privacy, Elec Tailgate......Patience is a Virtue!
23-07-2012 11:59am
WB
WB

(23-07-2012 11:17am)Ianpembs Wrote:  Cheers Andy been in touch with dealer and he seems a bit reluctant as saying it may be susceptible to price rise if I change any of the spec will keep digging.

Get a copy of your Vista print out and there will be a date stated which is the last date to change spec. Not sure why dealers are reluctant to share the real date or to make changes...
23-07-2012 11:59am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

The problem is that also some spec changes can also push back your build date and that could be what is worrying your dealer................... he could miss an end of month or quarter bonus if you set back the delivery too!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
23-07-2012 01:48pm
paisan

You will probably need to chase/remind the Dealer.
When I placed the deposit for mine , Salesman said he would contact me to let me know "date of final changes" . Never heard a word from him , I was contacting him monthly for an update . On one of my contacts with him he said " oh yeah , we have a build date and no changes can be made from this point ". Good job I didnt want any changes , although of course I completely missed the spare wheel option ( was used to Freelander 1's that came with a spare wheel ).
Having had LR's for past 14 years I was used to level of non-service from most dealars but even I was taken aback by casual attitude regarding selling of Evoque. All very " we have our choice of Customers and dont have to do anything , the car is selling like mad ".
23-07-2012 02:04pm