babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
how late - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Orders (/Forum-Orders)
+--- Thread: how late (/Thread-how-late)

how late - Ianpembs - 22-07-2012 10:30pm

still not sure on colour when are you at the point of no return ie committed to colour and extras

RE: how late - Andy_A - 23-07-2012 10:23am

(22-07-2012 10:30pm)Ianpembs Wrote:  still not sure on colour when are you at the point of no return ie committed to colour and extras

Hi Ian, it's about 3-4 weeks before your build date.

RE: how late - Ianpembs - 23-07-2012 11:17am

Cheers Andy been in touch with dealer and he seems a bit reluctant as saying it may be susceptible to price rise if I change any of the spec will keep digging.

RE: how late - Andy_A - 23-07-2012 11:59am

(23-07-2012 11:17am)Ianpembs Wrote:  Cheers Andy been in touch with dealer and he seems a bit reluctant as saying it may be susceptible to price rise if I change any of the spec will keep digging.

Why is it that some dealers are so intent on being mysterious about these things? If you have a build date, the Vista print-out will have a 'Last Date of Order Change', AFAIK you can change up to this date.

RE: how late - WB - 23-07-2012 11:59am

(23-07-2012 11:17am)Ianpembs Wrote:  Cheers Andy been in touch with dealer and he seems a bit reluctant as saying it may be susceptible to price rise if I change any of the spec will keep digging.

Get a copy of your Vista print out and there will be a date stated which is the last date to change spec. Not sure why dealers are reluctant to share the real date or to make changes...

RE: how late - XFullFatTim - 23-07-2012 01:48pm

The problem is that also some spec changes can also push back your build date and that could be what is worrying your dealer................... he could miss an end of month or quarter bonus if you set back the delivery too!

RE: how late - paisan - 23-07-2012 02:04pm

You will probably need to chase/remind the Dealer.
When I placed the deposit for mine , Salesman said he would contact me to let me know "date of final changes" . Never heard a word from him , I was contacting him monthly for an update . On one of my contacts with him he said " oh yeah , we have a build date and no changes can be made from this point ". Good job I didnt want any changes , although of course I completely missed the spare wheel option ( was used to Freelander 1's that came with a spare wheel ).
Having had LR's for past 14 years I was used to level of non-service from most dealars but even I was taken aback by casual attitude regarding selling of Evoque. All very " we have our choice of Customers and dont have to do anything , the car is selling like mad ".