Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Picture Request: side by side
DDX

Picture Request: side by side

Are there any pictures of the Evoque 5dr parked next to any other vehicle?

Its so hard to gauge the size of the car from pictures and am worried i'll be dissapointed. In my head, im thinking freelander but shorter in height?
02-08-2011 06:59am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Picture Request: side by side

Well I was told that Evoque was Focus sized................. it looks bigger when you see it in the flesh even if the dimensions sheet says otherwise.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
02-08-2011 07:33am
gmaker

Dimensions on paper can be very deceiving.

Everyone keeps going on about how small the Evoque is but one thing I noticed is the very small, if in fact any depth of bumper on the Evoque compared to other vehicles. If you look at a Freelander, which is 4500mm and an Evoque which is 4365mm (dynamic) this is a difference of 135mm or 13.5cm. Now if you look at the different size of bumpers I wonder how much of this difference is there alone as the Evoque has very flat front and rear bumpers. Just the rear bumper on a Freelander is probably 10cm! I'm hoping this means that real life is more relavant than simple measurements. All you guys that have been on the unleashed events - what do you think??

I know you probably think this is very anal but I need every justification I can to convince my wife the car won't be too small for herself, me, the baby and the dog - especially when coming from a 2006 X5!!
02-08-2011 09:15am
J77

It isn't much smaller than a freelander 2, obviously the roof is lower. I was out the other day checking the size of my drive because my fl2 sticks out a bit and the evoque will still stick out a bit. I'm sure there is a picture on this site of it parked next to a freelander.
Found it
[Image: 9c326b0a.jpg]

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2011 11:44am by J77.)
02-08-2011 11:42am
DDX

Good point about the bumper protrusion. Thanks J77 for the photo. Just need to wait patiently for the opportunity to see one in the metal. As long as 2 kids can sit in the back and a buggy can fit in the boot we'll be alright!
02-08-2011 11:52am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

DDX, it will work for you on that front - even a Coupe will happily take 2 kids in the back, whether they would be happy to spend a long journey in there or not I wouldn't want to speculate on though! There's enough room for a 6ft+ in the back of a Coupe in comfort and the boot is well big enough for a buggy

[Image: DSCF0614.jpg]

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2011 12:16pm by XFullFatTim.)
02-08-2011 12:13pm
DDX

Thanks mate, the eldest is only 3 so they won't be too fussed about the size. Cant stop looking at youtube videos of the car. Falling more and more in love with it by the second.
02-08-2011 12:30pm
Charlie
No Longer Registered

I've got two young ones DDX and getting a coupe as love the shape. The Evoque is much much nicer than a Freelander, outside and definitely inside.
02-08-2011 01:48pm
DDX

I do prefer the Coupe's shape but the 5dr makes things easier with car seats, especially when i'll be driving it as I have a bad back.
02-08-2011 02:22pm
Charlie
No Longer Registered

Absolutely and we'll leave it there on the coupe/car seat discussion, don't think I can hack it all again Confused
02-08-2011 02:41pm