Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Personal Plates - Nice or Nonce?
Pete

Personal Plates - Nice or Nonce?

I've been toying with the idea of getting a personal plate, something I seem to be seeing more use of these days.

Basically, it would be nice to hide the age of the car to some extent, and have something consistent I can use from now on. I wouldn't intend on getting something that spelt something, just something involving my initials.

What are other people's thoughts on personal plates?

Porsche Macan
20-05-2016 11:54am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mark^^

RE: Personal Plates - Nice or Nonce?

I know i'm not in the UK but I have these personalised plates

[Image: DSC02081_zps9njq3nju.jpg]

Fuji White Dynamic SD4 – auto, with Energy interior and pano roof.
(This post was last modified: 20-05-2016 02:08pm by Mark^^.)
20-05-2016 01:40pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Every plate is a "personal" plate................ As only your car is issued with it!
In the USA they are called Vanity Plates, here the ones that make up names/words are called "Cherished" plates. I own 3 and bought them from the DVLA Select website for £280 each. 2 of them are sequential and age related to the cars that they were/are on, P12 MUD is on my 1996 Defender, P13 MUD I have on retention. In 2007 I purchased a 57 plate to go on my TDv8 Sport, FAST(57) RRS, which I have on my latest RRS. The FA57 plate is naff, I'll admit it BUT I have been offered £10,000 for it (it cost me £280) by the owner of an RS Focus who took the trouble to follow me 25 miles home from town to bargain with me for it, but it wasn't for sale which he found hard to accept!
[Image: 20121117_144112.jpg]

[Image: image.jpg1_zpslz6xxdzu.jpg]

[Image: D3andRRSatLRE001.jpg]

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 20-05-2016 02:58pm by XFullFatTim.)
20-05-2016 02:50pm
Steve D

Who deleted my post in this thread?

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
20-05-2016 06:54pm
Pete

Are you sure you posted in this thread, Steve? I didn't get an email saying you had posted. If your post was deleted, idq have seen the email, but not the post here...

Porsche Macan
20-05-2016 07:02pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I've checked in the moderator's list of deletions and nothing other than 5 spammers have been deleted from the Memberlist of forum today, no posts.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
20-05-2016 07:17pm
Steve D

Strange. I must have typed it out and forgot to press 'Post Reply'. Senior moment. Again!

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
20-05-2016 10:54pm
jitenc

I had a personalised number plate on my previous BMW coupe. I wonder if it was my driving or I was a young man in a fast car or the number plate that made the police stop me three times to check me out.
Also, the fact that my number plate was ripped off the car, probably by someone jealous. It's on the register as a stolen number and stopped twice again by the police just to make sure that I wasn't the one using it on a getaway car!
I now had normal plates on the Evoque and haven't had an encounters yet even though my driving style hasn't changed yet!!!
So, I don't think you would be in any police radar driving a VB endorsed product from my point of view.

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
21-05-2016 07:13am
mighTTy-RRE

We have 3 personalised plates - all with our initials, all are old style plates bought from the DVLA for £250 each, thus hiding the age of our cars.

I thought about getting car related ones, but in most cases that car will be updated in the future so the plate will no longer be relevant.
22-05-2016 08:22am
EarlofEltham

Might as well share mine... Once again, not in the UK.

[Image: Full_Size_Render.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 23-05-2016 01:42am by EarlofEltham.)
23-05-2016 01:40am