Poll: As above - does the Evoque still make you feel good?
Yes
Not sure
No it's just a car
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Permagrin
paulus599

RE: Permagrin

I think ChuckieB was talking about himself (looking at his past cars list anyway).

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
13-12-2011 11:17am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I have to say that as a serial RRS and FFRR (last 4 cars have been TD6FFRR, TDv6RRS,TDv8RRS and TDV8FFRR) that yes I do miss the road presence, the get up and go of the TDv8 and fantastic comfort of the FFRR but I don't miss the floppy ride, acres of unused interior leather or the envy that I got from other drivers. My Evoque is currently proving to be only marginally more economical than a 3.6TDV8 and that is very disappointing and I will be asking Land Rover why I could get relatively so much better out of the FFRR in comparison. My Lux Plus Evoque I love but I still believe the best Land Rover I have ever owned was the 2007 TDv8 RRS, even though it suffered knocking suspension it was just a great all round car and if one were available in the Mk2 guise today I would be in LPR's showrrom tomorrow to order another one - the TDv8 FFRR was a lovely car but didn't have the roadholding of it's RRS brother with the DR pack, the FFRR was also subject to lowlifers trying to steal it which never happened to any other Rangey that I have owned. I do think the Evoque is a wonderful car and I love it and at the moment would only swop it for another one or a new TDV8 RRS (and that isn't going to happen as they aren't making them anymore!).

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 13-12-2011 05:18pm by XFullFatTim.)
13-12-2011 01:29pm
DynamicRRV

Tim that's almost exactly how I feel regarding my previous 2007 FFRR Supercharged....an awesome machine that I would buy back tomorrow given the chance.
13-12-2011 02:06pm