Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 2.5 Average
Period of Acceptance
ant

RE: Period of Acceptance

Optimism beats pessimism. Our glasses are 1/2 full.
I've got nothing to complain about either.
Good idea.
Positive vibes from now on. It might spread to LR.
ANT

Prestige, 5 dr, SD4 Auto, Firenze, Lux, Ambience, Adaptive Dynamics, (+other options).
Current cars: Evoque: 1972 Stag: 2008 C4 Grand Picasso x 2: 2004 Defender 110: LDV flatbed (for moving the Stag)
Gone: Aston Martin DB9Crying, RRS, FFRR x 5, Classic Minis x loads, 1987 Defender 110.
29-10-2011 09:00pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
flurberman

Period of Acceptance

Well said Token! Smile The Evoque is an amazing vehicle, with all the doom and gloom going on in the big wide world I for one consider myself very fortunate to be able to own one.

Si4 Dynamic Coupe with LUX pack, privacy glass, stornoway grey.

Orkney Grey, Si4 Dynamic Coupe with LUX pack, privacy glass, 20" shadow chrome wheels, heated steering wheel, adaptive xenons, TPMS & contrast panoramic roof.
(This post was last modified: 29-10-2011 11:39pm by flurberman.)
29-10-2011 11:32pm
Tokenbod

Thanks Evoqess!
The dealer fell of his chair when I requested the colima lime!

I know everyone is experiencing problems with their orders (me included) but less not forget the evoque has totally transformed this particular market of the motor industry!

I must admit I have been impressed with all the colours and combinations posted on this site.
Bow down

Sd4 Prestige COLIMA LIME couture interior 3 door Wink
29-10-2011 11:46pm
lulu101

Another way to look at it is that we all have our amazing cars to look forward to. Tongue Out

Delivered , Pure 5 door in fuji , SD4 Auto, 19" style 4 sparkle wheels, almond/espresso interior, tech pack, xenon headlights, fog lamps, rear camera, park assist, folding mirrors and mats, and last minute addition of Privacy Glass Very Happy
29-10-2011 11:51pm
scottie99

Whilst I would love to share this sentiment, I cannot get past the shocking level of service from both LL and their dealers.

Like many on this forum, I have owned 2 Mercs, 4 BMW and have to say, I found their products of a high quality and their levels of service (almost!) perfect.

I bought a jag XF in April 2008 and straight away, I felt the dealership was doing me a favour, selling me this car.

I wont list the various problems here, but enough to say, the quality of the build did not match the Germans.

I had swithered between the Evoque and the X3, but last June, BMW said 6-7 months wait, but Jaguar Glasgow said I would have an Evoque by Oct.

October slipped into Nov, then Dec and now I have a date for late January. I have been told so many different reasons I will not bore you. In actual fact I am not interested in their excuses (some which have been totally patronising.

I agreed to pay a fair bit of cash for a quality car. (I also did this not knowing what Jag/LL would pay for my current car.)

I have stuck to my side of the deal. LL have had over 3 years to get their side right.

I think they should hand their heads in shame.
(This post was last modified: 30-10-2011 12:03am by scottie99.)
30-10-2011 12:02am
mark_n

(29-10-2011 12:21pm)Token Wrote:  Anyone care to join me??

Oh God, you'll be inviting the dealer over for a Group Hug next...

Even if my car was being built on Monday, as was planned before a more than two month slip, this would still be the most dismal car buying experience of my life.

You guys - and gals - can roll over if you want to, but if you don't complain, nothing ever gets better.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 30-10-2011 08:16am by mark_n.)
30-10-2011 12:12am
benzina

The Evoque gives me an extra spring in my step every day, just waiting in anticipation, for the that day when i will take delivery of this beautiful car.
Ideally, it would be great to have the car immediately, but personally,i don't mind waiting, as i always try to live in the moment,and that centers me.....but that Evoque certainly is evocative.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 30-10-2011 05:50am by benzina.)
30-10-2011 02:06am
mark_n

Well, I woke up this morning wondering whether to take advantage of Land Rover's delays and change my car to red from the unpopular silver. Not like me to go with the herd but there it is. I could never do white, black or grey so that narrows the field.

As I told the dealer in an email, just think, I won't be able to complain about delays any more because I will have taken advantage of the delays so far and they can (whether true or not) blame any and all future delays on my choice of colour.

I could even say LR were holding off building my car while I made up my mind over colour...

Tekno, I feel that Group Hug coming on! Glass of red? LOL.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 30-10-2011 08:16am by mark_n.)
30-10-2011 08:11am
paulus599

Sorry, but absolutely no chance! I will continue trying to make my voice heard until LR step up to the mark. They have to actually do something to help out those of us who have been put in a very difficult positions, i.e. being left with no transport for what could now be well over two months.

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
30-10-2011 09:24am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

My only complaint........................................ withdrawal symptoms, haven't seen one for nearly a week let alone been for a drive in one!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
30-10-2011 01:27pm