Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Panoramic Roof - Insurance impact. IMPORTANT.
Kentboy

RE: Panoramic Roof - Insurance impact. IMPORTANT.

(31-07-2012 11:36pm)wavey.dave Wrote:  Well, according to the Admiral insurance policy, they need to be notified of all modifications. They consider anything that deviates from the manufactures spec a modification, even if it is a manufacturers option. They will then adjust your policy document to include the things they will insure and anything else is uninsured.

I've never come across the need to include manufacturer options before. I have now had it confirmed by 3 different people that they will not insure the pano roof, even under the full policy.

Unfortunately they are the cheapest by £200 at the moment, as we don't have a no claims. Two bumps in our BMW (both while parked and unoccupied, one of which was hit and run) have seen to that.

But if the insurer has a list of models and one is 'Range Rover SD4 Lux Auto' that is what they are insuring there are no extras to add. Insurance companies will alway minimise their risk if you let them. Just go to another company, I will.
(01-08-2012 09:07am)Rossy100 Wrote:  The car listed on my cover is a Dynamic Lux, and so I think it is fair to say that any options included as part of the Lux pack can be deemed standard on this model. Modifications would be anything else in addition.

I have been through my policy booklet in detail and see nothing which indicates a sunroof or glass roof not to be covered at least under the main policy (in fact, I think there is a good argument for it to be covered under the glass section). I think Admiral would find it difficult to find a reason to reject a claim (although I'm sure they could try!!) .
.... Just another thought on this. I wonder if the problem/grey area is not with the panoramic roof per se, but where the panoramic roof is deemed as a modification and not standard spec (ie non Lux pack cars).

So if part of standard spec then covered but can't be covered as a modification. This may make more sense as a modification could be dealer or non dealer fit.... And I cannot begin to imagine the potential issues with a non LR aftermarket glass roof!!!!

Same for me and I agreeThumbs Up

Evoque Prestige SD4, Barolo Black contrast white roof, Ambiance Upholstery with Figured Macassar wood insert, Privecy glass, Lux Pack, 20" Style 6 Alloys, Spare Wheel. Ordered 10th March estimated completion date 6th July.
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2012 07:14pm by Kentboy.)
01-08-2012 07:11pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wavey.dave

After further phone calls today, sense has finally prevailed and they e-mailed to confirm that as its a manufacturer option they will cover it, but not under the glass policy.

Can finally look forward to getting the car on Saturday now!
01-08-2012 09:05pm
SimonS

Just to resurect this, I have been checking the Meerkat lot to get quotes for the new car and the cheapest came out with Privilege @£141 fully comp. (age 49, 8000pa 15+ yrs NCD)

I quote from their policy booklet:

Section D Windscreen damage

What is covered

We will pay to:
• replace or repair broken glass in the windscreen, sunroof or
windows of your car, and repair any scratching to the bodywork
caused by the broken glass, as long as there has not been any
other loss or damage to your car; or
• replace the roof and rear windscreen assembly together if your
car is fitted with a folding roof and it is more cost-effective than
replacing the glass alone.
Claims under this section will not affect your no claim discount.
The most we will pay
We will not pay more than the market value of your car at the
time of the loss (less any excess that may apply).

SD4 Manual Prestige/Baltic Blue/PSR/Privacy glass/heated Steering wheel/spare.
30-10-2012 04:36pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Interesting Simon - can you look and see if they also cover off road use under the terms? If they do then they will be a little bit more competitive than Land Rover Insurance.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
30-10-2012 07:01pm
SimonS

(30-10-2012 07:01pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Interesting Simon - can you look and see if they also cover off road use under the terms? If they do then they will be a little bit more competitive than Land Rover Insurance.

The policy booklet is available at http://www.privilege.com/car-insurance/p...ooklet.pdf

In the definitions on page 11 it states: Track day – when your car is driven on a racing track, on an airfield or at an off-road event.

There is no mention though of "track day" anywhere in the 'What is not covered' sections.

So....

What is the lap record of the Nurburgring in an Evoque? Twisted Evil

SD4 Manual Prestige/Baltic Blue/PSR/Privacy glass/heated Steering wheel/spare.
30-10-2012 08:14pm