Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Panoramic Roof - Insurance impact. IMPORTANT.
RacingSnake

RE: Panoramic Roof - Insurance impact. IMPORTANT.

(31-07-2012 08:06pm)wavey.dave Wrote:  A further telephone call has got them to agree that the roof is covered as part of the main policy and not the windscreen policy. Anyone who's been told the glass policy covers them, I'd suggest getting clarification!
I'm sure there is another thread running other than this one which I posted on.... but I explicitly asked admiral about the pano roof, and it was covered under glass cover.... as is the glass roof on our smart car (which are notorious for shattering).

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
31-07-2012 08:15pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wavey.dave

(31-07-2012 08:15pm)RacingSnake Wrote:  I'm sure there is another thread running other than this one which I posted on.... but I explicitly asked admiral about the pano roof, and it was covered under glass cover.... as is the glass roof on our smart car (which are notorious for shattering).

I've just had a phone call from Admiral telling me I was misinformed earlier, and they do NOT offer any cover on glass roofs. There is no option to even take out additional cover for the roof. Had I known it would be this much of a problem I wouldn't have bothered!
31-07-2012 09:08pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kentboy

(31-07-2012 09:08pm)wavey.dave Wrote:  I've just had a phone call from Admiral telling me I was misinformed earlier, and they do NOT offer any cover on glass roofs. There is no option to even take out additional cover for the roof. Had I known it would be this much of a problem I wouldn't have bothered!

I am insured with Admiral and when advising the model of the vehicle one of the options is 'lux' so surely that means they insure the 'lux' model which includes the pano roof. If it is the case that my roof is not covered should it break then I won't be insuring with Admiral next time.

Evoque Prestige SD4, Barolo Black contrast white roof, Ambiance Upholstery with Figured Macassar wood insert, Privecy glass, Lux Pack, 20" Style 6 Alloys, Spare Wheel. Ordered 10th March estimated completion date 6th July.
31-07-2012 10:02pm
wavey.dave

(31-07-2012 10:02pm)Kentboy Wrote:  I am insured with Admiral and when advising the model of the vehicle one of the options is 'lux' so surely that means they insure the 'lux' model which includes the pano roof. If it is the case that my roof is not covered should it break then I won't be insuring with Admiral next time.

Well, according to the Admiral insurance policy, they need to be notified of all modifications. They consider anything that deviates from the manufactures spec a modification, even if it is a manufacturers option. They will then adjust your policy document to include the things they will insure and anything else is uninsured.

I've never come across the need to include manufacturer options before. I have now had it confirmed by 3 different people that they will not insure the pano roof, even under the full policy.

Unfortunately they are the cheapest by £200 at the moment, as we don't have a no claims. Two bumps in our BMW (both while parked and unoccupied, one of which was hit and run) have seen to that.
31-07-2012 11:36pm
Rossy100

Does anyone know what the fully fitted cost of replacing a damaged panoramic roof would be?

I can understand admiral not allowing claims under the glass policy, but not why it wouldn't be covered under the main section of a fully comprehensive policy. I am with Admiral also and this does concern me.
01-08-2012 07:57am
PhilSkill

I'm with Admiral, I clearly added the Pano roof and electric tail as additional options and they said they were covered and a note made on my file after going and talking to his Manager.

Trouble with insurance is you never find out till you need a claim so they better not have lied to me.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
01-08-2012 08:59am
Rossy100

The car listed on my cover is a Dynamic Lux, and so I think it is fair to say that any options included as part of the Lux pack can be deemed standard on this model. Modifications would be anything else in addition.

I have been through my policy booklet in detail and see nothing which indicates a sunroof or glass roof not to be covered at least under the main policy (in fact, I think there is a good argument for it to be covered under the glass section). I think Admiral would find it difficult to find a reason to reject a claim (although I'm sure they could try!!) .
.... Just another thought on this. I wonder if the problem/grey area is not with the panoramic roof per se, but where the panoramic roof is deemed as a modification and not standard spec (ie non Lux pack cars).

So if part of standard spec then covered but can't be covered as a modification. This may make more sense as a modification could be dealer or non dealer fit.... And I cannot begin to imagine the potential issues with a non LR aftermarket glass roof!!!!
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2012 09:41am by Rossy100.)
01-08-2012 09:07am
wavey.dave

(01-08-2012 09:07am)Rossy100 Wrote:  The car listed on my cover is a Dynamic Lux, and so I think it is fair to say that any options included as part of the Lux pack can be deemed standard on this model. Modifications would be anything else in addition.

I have been through my policy booklet in detail and see nothing which indicates a sunroof or glass roof not to be covered at least under the main policy (in fact, I think there is a good argument for it to be covered under the glass section). I think Admiral would find it difficult to find a reason to reject a claim (although I'm sure they could try!!) .
.... Just another thought on this. I wonder if the problem/grey area is not with the panoramic roof per se, but where the panoramic roof is deemed as a modification and not standard spec (ie non Lux pack cars).

So if part of standard spec then covered but can't be covered as a modification. This may make more sense as a modification could be dealer or non dealer fit.... And I cannot begin to imagine the potential issues with a non LR aftermarket glass roof!!!!

I think you benefit from it being classed as lux as this should cover the whole raft of additions.

Where it comes unstuck is if you add individual items as I have, they want each one listed. The policy says that modifications are not covered unless explicitly agreed by Admiral. In my case, they are refusing to cover the roof.
01-08-2012 09:48am
alibeau

(01-08-2012 09:48am)wavey.dave Wrote:  I think you benefit from it being classed as lux as this should cover the whole raft of additions.

Where it comes unstuck is if you add individual items as I have, they want each one listed. The policy says that modifications are not covered unless explicitly agreed by Admiral. In my case, they are refusing to cover the roof.

My insurance is up for renewal this month so I have been shopping around for prices.... I am currently with Admiral, they just phoned a moment ago to follow up on an online quote and so I asked the guy about pano roof cover. He went away to check and came back and said it IS covered but not under the glass policy ie if you made a claim for the roof it would be covered under the main insurance........

Ali.
(31-07-2012 08:15pm)RacingSnake Wrote:  I'm sure there is another thread running other than this one which I posted on.... but I explicitly asked admiral about the pano roof, and it was covered under glass cover.... as is the glass roof on our smart car (which are notorious for shattering).

Just noticed your reply, so you've been told it's covered under glass cover, I've just been told it is covered but not by glass cover but by the 'general/main part' of the insurance policy??!!?

Wink

Lord only knows!!!

Ali Smile

Black Dynamic Si4 - gone but not forgotten.
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2012 03:42pm by alibeau.)
01-08-2012 03:40pm
wavey.dave

(01-08-2012 03:40pm)alibeau Wrote:  My insurance is up for renewal this month so I have been shopping around for prices.... I am currently with Admiral, they just phoned a moment ago to follow up on an online quote and so I asked the guy about pano roof cover. He went away to check and came back and said it IS covered but not under the glass policy ie if you made a claim for the roof it would be covered under the main insurance........

Ali.

Just noticed your reply, so you've been told it's covered under glass cover, I've just been told it is covered but not by glass cover but by the 'general/main part' of the insurance policy??!!?

Wink

Lord only knows!!!

Ali Smile

I went through to sales and was told it was covered, but not as part of the glass, but on main policy. Went through to customer services who insist it is not covered in any way under the policy.
01-08-2012 03:46pm