Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Evoque Purchase Questions
Pete

RE: Evoque Purchase Questions

Thanks Tim. I had the feeling that the 5ltr would be pretty addictive. I found the 4.4ltr SDV8 was excellent and I really miss the effortless grace and power of it.

I don't really need the dynamic mode that much as I don't throw the car into b-roads - I tend to drive in a fashion where I don't wake up the dog in the boot. I don't have Dynamic in my Evoque, so wouldn't really know what I'm missing.

I'm not sure my other half would approve of another RR (she has short legs).

Sorry, I've taken this is a little off-topic.

Porsche Macan
20-05-2016 10:15am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Then you should try an SDv6 Dynamic (the dynamic bit is important as the SDv6 HSE non dynamic has a different engine map), the engine is more recent tech, it is very smooth and with 720Nm of torque and weighing less, the car performs within 0.2secs 0-62mph of the SDv8 version and is somewhat more economical even when driven hard. Pre 2015MY HSE Dynamics also have the lower tune engine that is in the current HSE.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
20-05-2016 04:20pm
philnotts99

So test drove the new 2.0 Evoque and 2014 9 2.2 Evoque this morning. The 2.0 Evoque was the following -

http://www.stratstone.com/search/vehicle...k-fe65xxo/

The 2.0 is quieter and smoother than the 2.2 but the 2.2 does feel to have more go from the off, however the gear changers aren’t as smooth as the 2.0

I do really like the 2.0 in the link above but the dealer wouldn’t give any discount nor budge on a PCP APR of 9.9%.

Has anyone else managed to get any kind of discount off or better APR?

Thank you

Phil
21-05-2016 01:14pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Contact one of the forum sponsors, Lookers Park Royal in West London or Grange Garage in Barnett............ I've never had a deal that wasn't worth my while traveling from Scotland for from either of them.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
21-05-2016 01:54pm
Iangam

Phil, if you choose approved used please read my post about the warranty so you are aware before you decide.
21-05-2016 05:14pm
philnotts99

Yea i actually saw your thread last night and asked about this. That black one in the link has full Land Rover warranty.

Thanks,

Phil
21-05-2016 06:44pm
philnotts99

Test drove the following Evoque today - http://www.usedvehicles.landrover.co.uk/...ls/2688230

The test drive went well but cant decide if the price vs mileage is a good deal :/

Thanks,

Phil
22-05-2016 07:34pm
Pete

Yeah, I can well understand the twists and turns you're going through in your head.

I'd just try to concentrate on what factors are important to you and base your decision on that. For me, it was cost. I could have gone for a 63 Dynamic, but the 62 Prestige Lux won out due to it being cheaper. As you mentioned before, you're looking at the future trade-in value - the likelihood is that you'll lose more money on the more expensive models than the cheaper ones.

Then again, the recent models have more refinement about them.

I'm not helping much, am I?

Porsche Macan
23-05-2016 07:31am