Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Overfinch
Alex

Overfinch

We are purchasing our Evoque from Guy Salmon in Bristol. So far they have been excellent and pleased with their customer service.

We were told by our dealer that they were moving to a new location literally next to their present location and converting their existing showroom into an Overfinch servicing facility/showroom (just a few weeks away).

As Overfinch are now owned buy Guy Salmon I'm guessing their will be a link between Guy Salmons sales and further accessories/enhancements via Overfinch.

I'm assuming Guy Salmon recognises/endorses their products and services, but wouldn't any changes invalidate the LR warranty?

I have not discussed this yet with my dealer as I'm waiting to find out what Overfinch will offer for the Evoque, but at present I'm mainly interested in performance enhancements which I'm guessing would invalidate the warranty - just seems like a conflict of interest to be owned by a Land Rover dealership.

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
(This post was last modified: 19-08-2011 05:04pm by Martin.)
18-08-2011 07:19pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Overfinch now owned by Guy Salmon

IIRC the old Overfinch used to offer it's own warranty on their modified cars.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
18-08-2011 07:39pm
Matthew @ Overfinch

Thank you for showing an interest in Overfinch. We thought it best to dispel a few of the unfounded rumours.

Overfinch is still very much an independent going concern, with our head office in Leeds. We are delighted to announce the recent appointment of Guy Salmon as an authorised dealer in the UK. They will be offering the Overfinch Portfolio range through six of their dealerships nationwide. These include: Ascot, Bristol, Coventry, Knutsford, Sheffield and Thames Ditton.

Land Rover products supplied by Guy Salmon continue to carry the full Land Rover warranty, other than in areas which are converted or modified by Overfinch. In such circumstances, Overfinch warrant their own products with a like-for-like policy, to ensure comprehensive cover for the customer. Further details can be found at http://www.overfinch.com. Guy Salmon will also be able to service all Overfinch vehicles across their network.

We have a full range of Evoque upgrades, including cosmetic and performance enhancements, available for launch in January 2012. From September this year, we can supply all Evoque models with wheel and trim enhancements.

Thank you again for showing an interest in Overfinch, to find your nearest authorised dealer, please use the link below:

http://www.overfinch.com/contact-us/uk-dealers/

(18-08-2011 07:19pm)Alex Wrote:  We are purchasing our Evoque from Guy Salmon in Bristol. So far they have been excellent and pleased with their customer service.

We were told by our dealer that they were moving to a new location literally next to their present location and converting their existing showroom into an Overfinch servicing facility/showroom (just a few weeks away).

As Overfinch are now owned buy Guy Salmon I'm guessing their will be a link between Guy Salmons sales and further accessories/enhancements via Overfinch.

I'm assuming Guy Salmon recognises/endorses their products and services, but wouldn't any changes invalidate the LR warranty?

I have not discussed this yet with my dealer as I'm waiting to find out what Overfinch will offer for the Evoque, but at present I'm mainly interested in performance enhancements which I'm guessing would invalidate the warranty - just seems like a conflict of interest to be owned by a Land Rover dealership.
19-08-2011 01:19pm
Alex

Thanks for the response, look forward to seeing what's on offer in January! Hopefully this forum will also provide some ideas on what people are after.

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
19-08-2011 01:40pm
mark_n

If you look on the Overfinch web-site, click on "Collection", and you see "Coming Soon - Evoque GTS". It will be interesting to see what's on offer, hopefully as retrofit rather than having to buy the car from them.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
19-08-2011 02:19pm
Alex

Unnecessary quote removed

Hoping the same...

(This post was last modified: 19-08-2011 02:30pm by XFullFatTim.)
19-08-2011 02:28pm
XFullFatTim

Mark, Overfinch will fit their kit to either a new or used car

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 19-08-2011 02:39pm by XFullFatTim.)
19-08-2011 02:32pm
mark_n

5.0l Supercharged V8 sounds good...

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
19-08-2011 04:53pm
evoqueboy

(19-08-2011 04:53pm)mark_n Wrote:  5.0l Supercharged V8 sounds good...

Yeah it does. As a diesel it would be even better! Smile
19-08-2011 05:11pm
XFullFatTim

RE: Overfinch

Oh no, I can assure you that the 4.4TDv8 is much better than the 5.0S/C - 34mpg & 0-62 in 7.1 in a FFRR.............

19-08-2011 05:27pm