babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Overfinch - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Overfinch (/Thread-Overfinch)

Pages: 1 2

Overfinch - Alex - 18-08-2011 07:19pm

We are purchasing our Evoque from Guy Salmon in Bristol. So far they have been excellent and pleased with their customer service.

We were told by our dealer that they were moving to a new location literally next to their present location and converting their existing showroom into an Overfinch servicing facility/showroom (just a few weeks away).

As Overfinch are now owned buy Guy Salmon I'm guessing their will be a link between Guy Salmons sales and further accessories/enhancements via Overfinch.

I'm assuming Guy Salmon recognises/endorses their products and services, but wouldn't any changes invalidate the LR warranty?

I have not discussed this yet with my dealer as I'm waiting to find out what Overfinch will offer for the Evoque, but at present I'm mainly interested in performance enhancements which I'm guessing would invalidate the warranty - just seems like a conflict of interest to be owned by a Land Rover dealership.

RE: Overfinch now owned by Guy Salmon - XFullFatTim - 18-08-2011 07:39pm

IIRC the old Overfinch used to offer it's own warranty on their modified cars.

RE: Overfinch now owned by Guy Salmon - Matthew @ Overfinch - 19-08-2011 01:19pm

Thank you for showing an interest in Overfinch. We thought it best to dispel a few of the unfounded rumours.

Overfinch is still very much an independent going concern, with our head office in Leeds. We are delighted to announce the recent appointment of Guy Salmon as an authorised dealer in the UK. They will be offering the Overfinch Portfolio range through six of their dealerships nationwide. These include: Ascot, Bristol, Coventry, Knutsford, Sheffield and Thames Ditton.

Land Rover products supplied by Guy Salmon continue to carry the full Land Rover warranty, other than in areas which are converted or modified by Overfinch. In such circumstances, Overfinch warrant their own products with a like-for-like policy, to ensure comprehensive cover for the customer. Further details can be found at http://www.overfinch.com. Guy Salmon will also be able to service all Overfinch vehicles across their network.

We have a full range of Evoque upgrades, including cosmetic and performance enhancements, available for launch in January 2012. From September this year, we can supply all Evoque models with wheel and trim enhancements.

Thank you again for showing an interest in Overfinch, to find your nearest authorised dealer, please use the link below:

http://www.overfinch.com/contact-us/uk-dealers/

(18-08-2011 07:19pm)Alex Wrote:  We are purchasing our Evoque from Guy Salmon in Bristol. So far they have been excellent and pleased with their customer service.

We were told by our dealer that they were moving to a new location literally next to their present location and converting their existing showroom into an Overfinch servicing facility/showroom (just a few weeks away).

As Overfinch are now owned buy Guy Salmon I'm guessing their will be a link between Guy Salmons sales and further accessories/enhancements via Overfinch.

I'm assuming Guy Salmon recognises/endorses their products and services, but wouldn't any changes invalidate the LR warranty?

I have not discussed this yet with my dealer as I'm waiting to find out what Overfinch will offer for the Evoque, but at present I'm mainly interested in performance enhancements which I'm guessing would invalidate the warranty - just seems like a conflict of interest to be owned by a Land Rover dealership.

RE: Overfinch now owned by Guy Salmon - Alex - 19-08-2011 01:40pm

Thanks for the response, look forward to seeing what's on offer in January! Hopefully this forum will also provide some ideas on what people are after.

RE: Overfinch now owned by Guy Salmon - mark_n - 19-08-2011 02:19pm

If you look on the Overfinch web-site, click on "Collection", and you see "Coming Soon - Evoque GTS". It will be interesting to see what's on offer, hopefully as retrofit rather than having to buy the car from them.

RE: Overfinch now owned by Guy Salmon - Alex - 19-08-2011 02:28pm

Unnecessary quote removed

Hoping the same...

RE: Overfinch now owned by Guy Salmon - XFullFatTim - 19-08-2011 02:32pm

Mark, Overfinch will fit their kit to either a new or used car

RE: Overfinch now owned by Guy Salmon - mark_n - 19-08-2011 04:53pm

5.0l Supercharged V8 sounds good...

RE: Overfinch now owned by Guy Salmon - evoqueboy - 19-08-2011 05:11pm

(19-08-2011 04:53pm)mark_n Wrote:  5.0l Supercharged V8 sounds good...

Yeah it does. As a diesel it would be even better! Smile

RE: Overfinch - XFullFatTim - 19-08-2011 05:27pm

Oh no, I can assure you that the 4.4TDv8 is much better than the 5.0S/C - 34mpg & 0-62 in 7.1 in a FFRR.............