Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Overfinch
evoqueboy

RE: Overfinch

(19-08-2011 05:27pm)FullFatTim Wrote:  Oh no, I can assure you that the 4.4TDv8 is much better than the 5.0S/C - 34mpg & 0-62 in 7.1 in a FFRR.............

Yeah a JLR technician told me the same thing. The diesels a better engine than the petrol.
19-08-2011 06:25pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mark_n

RE: Overfinch

Well, the RRE has a 1 tonne weight advantage over the FFRR, so a hot Evoque doesn't have to be so powerful. I wonder whether LR are actually considering such a car given their focus on their green credentials and the need to reduce corporate wide CO2 levels. Maybe they hoped the lower emission versions of the RRE would make a contribution and it remains to be seen once that version is available. For now, the most popular version is getting down to, but not reaching, the level mandated by the EU for, what 2015? A hot RRE is not going to help, so maybe it will fall to the likes of Overfinch to do it. The RRE Si4 already provides 0-60 in 7.1 seconds,m a fraction slower than the 7.1 0-100kph Tim is quoting. I'd like to see a sub 6 seconds and, more important, great in-gear times to rival the forthcoming Porsche Cajun.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
19-08-2011 07:33pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply