Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is the Prestige worth the extra £7,500
berlin2011

RE: Is the Prestige worth the extra £7,500

(09-08-2011 01:12pm)BFGEvoqueMan Wrote:  Tom, I think that all the previous posts on the subject essentially said this:

Not wanting to open a debate about the quality of the leather etc etc the facts are that the differance between speccing up a Pure to the level of a "basic" Prestige was about £2K, and the only differance was the type of leather (grained vs oxford) and the fact that the top of the dash was covered in leather. (Oh and a chrome window strip for the 5 door only)

You takes your choice and pays you money.ConfusedConfused

Good summary. I'll add to that the Prestige seats are more adjustable (height, tilt etc. which may be of no value to you or depending on build and height be very important. Btw the Dynamic is in the same boat as the Pure on this one) and the Prestige 'opens up' options such as AD etc. that can not be specced on a Pure.

So at the end of the day, £2K (which by the time you specced up your Pure) is something like an additional 5% or 6% only, which does not seem all that much anymore or can be a massive difference if none of the items above matter to you.

As been said a thousand times already, each one makes his own tradeoffs and live with them.

This debate is no different than the Prestige interior vs Dynamic exterior and I wish I could have them both one. They're both just tradeoffs

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2011 01:28pm by berlin2011.)
09-08-2011 01:27pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gthornton

Just specced mine up as a pure, and its £3000 give or take cheaper... However no AD (£1150) and lesser leather, seat adjustment, styling bits, mats etc, dash leather.

Also not in the right colour options for the interior for me - wanted tan leather.

Sticking to prestige!! - I think the price is right for the extras you get especially compared to other brand out there where you would have to pay £2k for extended leather alone.......

All personal preference though!

Arrived: 4WD SD4 Auto, Prestige, LUX Buckingham Blue w/everything apart from rear screens.
Current/ For Sale: C63 AMG Estate.
Gone: RRS TDV8, F360, Boxster S x3, F328GTS, Caterham etc...
09-08-2011 03:29pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

When it comes time to sell which will get more, a Pure specced up to nearly be a Prestige or a Prestige with no extras? I suspect you would get more of your money back if you bought the Prestige with no extras. Folks buying a Pure that is specced up to Prestige in 3 years time will not pay more than the price of a Pure with only the desirable options such as satnav, panoramic roof, space saver tyre and maybe Techpack

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
09-08-2011 03:49pm