Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is the Prestige worth the extra £7,500
Urban Splash

RE: Is the Prestige worth the extra £7,500

I'm certainly not buying it to show off....

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
08-08-2011 10:30pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
paulus599

(08-08-2011 10:30pm)Urban Splash Wrote:  I'm certainly not buying it to show off....

Come off it! So you're trying to tell me you are just buying this car because it happens to meet your day to day requirements - nothing to do with the way it looks?

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
08-08-2011 10:41pm
ED209

(08-08-2011 10:41pm)paulus599 Wrote:  
(08-08-2011 10:30pm)Urban Splash Wrote:  I'm certainly not buying it to show off....

Come off it! So you're trying to tell me you are just buying this car because it happens to meet your day to day requirements - nothing to do with the way it looks?

Just my point of view, I buy cars i like because i like them, not because i want to impress my neighbours or anyone else. I like the evoque so i am buying one, it also meets my needs.

I also own a vx220, i didnt buy that to impress anyone either, I bought it because i enjoy the driving experience it provides.
08-08-2011 10:45pm
Urban Splash

Actually, it does meet my requirements perfectly! We go camping every other weekend. Including winter. To some pretty remote places. FFRR is far too big, so is RRS. freelander is due to be replaced in the not so distant future....

Evoque is perfect. Relatively low emissions, decent consumption. Easy to live with on a day to day basis as it's pretty small. Will be ecellent in winter.

This is where LR have cracked it... A practical, decent sized car that's not a true 'large' 4x4....

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
08-08-2011 10:51pm
paulus599

(08-08-2011 10:45pm)ED209 Wrote:  Just my point of view, I buy cars i like because i like them, not because i want to impress my neighbours or anyone else. I like the evoque so i am buying one, it also meets my needs.

That was my point too really. We all buy cars because we like them, some of us will like the Pure, others will like the Prestige or Dynamic. The average joe in the street won't have a clue which is which so why should buying something other than a Pure be a 'sad status symbol'?

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
08-08-2011 11:04pm
Daigriff

I originally ordered a Pure but after seeing it in the flesh didn't like the interior so changed to a Prestige. Nothing to do with impressing the neighbours just about my Own feelings...loved the Prestige interior.

Each to their own....

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
09-08-2011 01:24am
provoque

oh come on guys admit it...! if your need for evoque is nothing more than going point a to b... pls don't buy it, there are people on the waiting list who want to buy it to
a. Feel good about themslef since they got a pretty pricy car...
b. Enjoy being looked by all those who either don't afford one or car crazy...
c. Impress that lady who will always be only a dream....
d. Only satisfaction they can get in life....
e. so on..
09-08-2011 02:30am
Gorjan

Yeah, if you want just practicality buy a Skoda Yeti or maybe even Dacia Dunster... You can get a car park full of them for a price of an Prestige Smile

Liking something for yourself s OK, but I still find a "hidden" scenario there that tells. "I m pleased with how this cars looks as t looks good to others"...

Or maybe I am wrong... I would choose the evoque even on a desert island with no neighboors to see it.. Smile

Colima Lime TD4 Pure.
Tech Pack, Pano roof, Auto....
09-08-2011 06:48am
mark_n

My experience gained over many years is that women would be more impressed by the cars I drive if I wasn't driving them.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
09-08-2011 06:49am
BFGEvoqueMan

Tom, I think that all the previous posts on the subject essentially said this:

Not wanting to open a debate about the quality of the leather etc etc the facts are that the differance between speccing up a Pure to the level of a "basic" Prestige was about £2K, and the only differance was the type of leather (grained vs oxford) and the fact that the top of the dash was covered in leather. (Oh and a chrome window strip for the 5 door only)

You takes your choice and pays you money.ConfusedConfused

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2011 01:14pm by BFGEvoqueMan.)
09-08-2011 01:12pm